CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Tips & Techniques > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM
CAMhead Legend

Default Running same program w/o measuring tool?

I used my Stinger 2 w/ FTC today to profile cut text part numbers (with a v bit) into a batch of 50 parts.
How do you run the same program again without having the machine go over to the FTC post and measure the tool? I tried a lot of options in WinCNC but could not skip around this step. I have changed nothing other than the part, which has the same dimensions, so no reason to re-measure the tool.
Took longer to re-measure than it did to cut the text.
Thanks, John
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Stinger II Owner

You can use the Camaster stinger inch PP. Use the measure tool button on wincnc before you start and you will not have to measure anything again until you change tools or material thickness.
winCNC
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Camaster Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnnyCNC

John, if the parts are that small, why not nest all of them onto one sheet. Then one tool measure takes care of it all.

Just a thought...
Old 05-05-2013, 11:48 PM
CAMhead Legend

Scott,
Is that the PP that comes with V Carve Pro? I was using it until Mick sent me correct one for FTC. Is there any way to use the FTC PP and have it skip around the FTC? I did not try the measure tool function. If I would have done that, would it have skipped the FTC measure the next time the program ran?

Johnny,
Yes, good idea but these are long rods that came out of another process. I was just using the Stinger for putting the part numbers on. I made a jig to hold and register the rods, taught it X/Y off of the jig, and was just running the same program over and over.

Thanks, all ideas welcome, John
Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Cobra Owner

The FTC pp will always measure the tool, unless you edit that part out of it. Easiest to have two separate post processors, then just select one depending on the function you need. Move all the post processors out of the folder, except those two. Then its easier to select the one you want.
www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Stinger II Owner

The inch PP does come with v-carve pro. I use the stinger FTC PP most of the time, except when I have a multiple items to cut that are to big to nest. You only have to use the measure tool button with the inch PP. A tool measure is not included in the G-code of the inch PP, so you have to do it by using the measure tool button before you start your first file. As Russell said,the Ftc PP will always measure the tool, it doesn't matter if it is one tool or ten. The inch PP only works for duplicate cuts with one tool, If you are using more than one tool you still have to measure each tool.
winCNC
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Camaster Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnnyCNC

I think there's a way to set it up so that if a certain button was pushed, let's call it "Use FTC", WinCNC would measure the tools normally, but if it was turned off (unclicked) it would not use the FTC. If you're interested, ask Joey or Luke. I'll be happy to help them set up the macros.

The only thing I worry about is that you forget to turn it back to "Use FTC" and it starts cutting with an unmeasured tool. That could ruin your day.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM
CAMaster Tech

Yeah I agree with Johnny on if you forget then it might mess your product. The Stinger PostP is the best one for just one tool if you don't have it contact me I can give it to you. 770-334-2448

Frankenstinger 25x48 custom machine
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM
CAMhead Legend

Luke,
I still have the one that came with V Carve Pro 7. This was just downloaded about a month ago from Vectric. I know this one only supports 1 tool but I never used it since the first program I created used multiple tools.
If this Vectric PP is OK, I will use it. If you have another one which may work better, please PM it to me or post it in the Owner's section and I will download it.

Scott/ Johnny,
I have no issue with using 2 PP's. I like that better than forgetting to re-enable the FTC. Occasionally I forget to recalculate tool paths so I'm sure it would happen.
Thanks! John
Old 05-06-2013, 11:46 AM
CAMaster Cobra Owner (MOD, KOTR)

Hi John,

I would not use the post processor that came with Aspire or V-Carve Pro, the post processors that CAMaster provides have be tuned for there machines. I have attached a standard non FTC or ATC post processor. Install this in your V-Carve Pro post processor folder along with your FTC post processor. That way you can choose if you want to use the FTC or not.
Attached Files
File Type: pp WinCNC_ARCS_NON_FTC_Inch.pp (3.4 KB, 7 views)
Digitize Touch Probe
Wincnc Handheld Serial Keypad + Wireless Pendant
Hurricane vacuum
WinCNC + Aspire 8 + PhotoVCarve + EnRoute 5
http://dropc.am/p/eaLXUP
www.customarchitecturalsignage.com
www.mickmartinwoodworking.com/

The search function on the forum is your best friend!