CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger I (Table Top)

Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Stinger I Owner

Default Stinger plug wiring

Iím in the process of installing a 20amp subpanel and NEMA L15-20 outlet for my soon to be arriving Stinger 1 with 1.7kv spindle. Can someone tell me how the neutral wire is wired into the plug, e.g. to the X, Y, or Z terminal?

Thanks,
Bruce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd-2421.jpg (33.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Camaster Owner

black and red should be interchangeable..you need to match up the white (neutral). Black and red are both hot and each would be on one of the double pole breaker, white neutral and green ground. I would just match up the wires color for color by taking the outlet out to see what wires are asinged to what slot, then wire the plug to the same configuration. simple to take the plug/ outlets apart.
WinCNC/Aspire 4
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Stinger I Owner

Default 220 Plug

I have a Stinger in route right now, should be here Thursday! I have the same spindle on my Stinger 1 also and asked the same question because there was some conflicting posts about the wiring. This is what Luke from Camaster sent me.

The 220 power plug is a regular 3 wire 220 just like what you have on a table saw or any other 220 plug. You do have a 4 wire plug on the box, but that goes to the spindle the power coming in to the box is single phase 220. When it goes to the vfd and comes out it is transferred to 3 phase 220 that is why you will have 4 wire.

I was at Camaster last week for some training and saw my machine and that is exactly how it's wired. The Stinger 1 with a 1.7 KW spindle requires a 20 amp single phase 220 and a 120 volt outlet to power the control box and accessories.

I hope this helps!
WINCNC, Aspire, SolidWorks, CorelDraw
Epilog Helix
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Stinger I Owner

According to this thread the Stinger with 1.7kv spindle only has one cord/plug for the spindle & controller:http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=1914

I'll talk to my electrician and have him hold off until I get the machine in. I was hoping to have everything ready to plug & play.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Stinger I Owner

If you read that post carefully you notice they are referring to a Stinger 2. That's why I email Camaster to confirm the wiring on a Stinger 1. Luke from Camaster supplied the info and was super helpful. Like I said I saw the wiring and the plugs myself at Camaster last week on a Stinger 1 with the HSD 1.7 KW spindle. To make yourself feel better just give Luke at Camaster a call, those guys are really helpful and very willing to answer any questions.
WINCNC, Aspire, SolidWorks, CorelDraw
Epilog Helix
Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Stinger Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
Iím in the process of installing a 20amp subpanel and NEMA L15-20 outlet for my soon to be arriving Stinger 1 with 1.7kv spindle. Can someone tell me how the neutral wire is wired into the plug, e.g. to the X, Y, or Z terminal?

Thanks,
Bruce
I have some picture in this thread below. It's a 40 amp circuit but the principals are the same.
http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=2531

Camaster 4X8 w/Synrad Co2 Laser
Stinger III 4X4 8" Z
HSD 3 KW
Recoil-FTC-Laser
WinCNC
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Stinger I Owner

Thanks everyone. I think I finally have it under control!