Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • In my defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To All,

I am going to post this here because it does not belong in the general forum as I do not want to cost CAMaster any business.

I think my comment in the thread about a new machine purchase basically proved my point about not getting the "Good Ole Boy's" on this forum upset as they will cut you to the bone even if in a round about way.

I was not in anyway knocking this forum or those on here that help in a moments notice just trying to be honest with someone who is looking at a major purchase for their business and asked a direct question about negatives.

That same thread ask about the Stinger line of machines and if you read the post please notice that I was steering that person to the Cobra line as I think it would be a more appropriate machine for 8-10 hrs a day production.

I wanted to impart on the poster of that thread to make sure he gets all his questions answered by someone other than a salesman as this was my mistake when I configured my machine with their help.

Some persons when purchasing a NEW cnc machine have no clue about working on them and if something major goes wrong at the initial setup expect and should get a different level of service, they are not purchasing a kit machine.

As far as Tech support I have my own issues that I am going to get into since it looks like some on here are misinformed about my situation. Here is my story.

I purchased the CAMaster Stinger II machine after serious research into a machine that #1 was within my budget, I narrowed it down to 2 brands that I felt would do the job that I needed them to do and picked the Stinger II because of their stellar reputation, they were made in the US, and this forum. I was assured by the sales staff that the machine would do the parts I needed to do and hold the tolerances that were required setup like recommended.

When I received the FIRST machine , got it set in place and initiated I noticed a hard knocking sound on the Y axis, on further investigation found the drive gear had a severely damaged tooth that had even damage the rack, at this point I think my mistake was to post something on this forum about that instead of just calling or working through CAMaster support. If I had not called the next day no telling when I would have gotten the parts as no one from support even called or contacted me. When the parts arrived and I got them on the machine I still had issues with what looked like a bent shaft on the drive so I called support again and they wanted me to try and fix this on a brand new machine! I was then contacted by CAMaster and to my total surprise they said they would be replacing the machine with another because they thought maybe the base was warped. How does one of those issues much less two get past quality control when they setup and run every machine before shipment? I was allowed to play on the machine( Cut pretty damn good for a damaged drive) until the replacement arrived and in further discussions was told I would get a complete machine, to my surprise when opening the crate it had no spindle and I was not prepared for this(strike 2!) and no one called to let me know any of this or what to do so I got a little upset, upon getting it home and finally getting some support to try and tram the spindle it cut like shit but it was excuse after excuse and non returned phone calls trying to get this resolved so in the end they FINALLY sent someone out to fix issues that I should never have had. During this visit by one hell of a good Tech and man I found out that the money making job that I bought this machine for was beyond it's capabilities and this was the one that would basically pay for the machine(strike 3!). Now here I am with a machine that will only do about 3/4 of the things that I was told it would do.

This has gotten long enough and I am just getting upset thinking all this back through so I will end here and if you want any more detail I will be glad to answer questions later.
    Donnie Horton
    machineitright@hotmail.com
    Stinger II SR-44
    Recoil ready
    FTC, Laser Cross Hair, NEMA 34 900 oz motors
    3 KW HSD spindle
    Spindle speed control
    VCP+Cut3D+PVC

I actually thought your post was well written and accurate. I saw it the way you did. You deserve Great service.

I have followed your post and Unfortunatly had thought you were being dealt with for this I Appologize
    James McGrew
    CAMaster ATC 508
    The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
    https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Donnie feel free to call me anytime

803 518 2074

I wish I had known more about this.
      James McGrew
      CAMaster ATC 508
      The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
      https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Hi Donnie,

I wish you the best for what coming up.
        I hope all your problems will be soon resolve.

I know the feeling but with a new boat that I bought 5 years ago.

Good luck
        Claude
        Hobbyist
        Stinger 1
        Performance package
        FTC, Counter balance
        T‐Slot tracks
        3.25 Porter Cable
        Aspire 8,
        CorelDraw X6 Suite
        MakeCNC

Comment

Resolved

Hi All,

I have become aware that some may have viewed this post and have had second thoughts about their CAMaster purchase, I put this in the owners section with the intent of not having it reflect negatively on anyone looking to purchase a machine but may have caused some buyers remorse and I apologize. I have not posted on the forums or been very active in the community not due to these issues entirely but due to moving with my job and life in general and I should be back to using my Stinger II in the near future.

I would like close this thread with the below statement.

CAMaster did resolve the issues with my purchase and made it right to my agreement and satisfaction, they even actually went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied and I thank them for this.
          Donnie Horton
          machineitright@hotmail.com
          Stinger II SR-44
          Recoil ready
          FTC, Laser Cross Hair, NEMA 34 900 oz motors
          3 KW HSD spindle
          Spindle speed control
          VCP+Cut3D+PVC

Comment

Working...
          X