why do a few people have so much problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • why do a few people have so much problem

It seems to me that a few people have most of the problems.

Not picking on anybody but got to thinking, a cnc and operating system can be very difficult for some one with no experience at all like I was in 2013 when I go my Stinger 1.

It took a long time to get my mind to wrap around it. It is easier now but I still don't do any thing that difficult and if I do I can usually find a solution on this forum, for Vectric or wincnc on their forums as most people do

Some people will argue a point after they have been told how to fix a problem by several people.

My question is more of a equipment problem, I have had a few and at the time Luke or one of the recent techs always came up with a solution.

Some cncer's have a lot of equipment problems I don't understand why. Everything built by man has problems cars, buildings, roads or cnc machines. Some times in shipping some thing gets loose, a part not seated firmly, wire not making a good connection or just a bad part period get by.

The people that keep their calm and contact either the forum or tech support will usually get the problem fixed, some time in a timely fashion some times it takes longer time. ( to ask questions and get answers by the forum only, rather than direct contact.)

I know when dead lines and/or money enter the picture things can get really crazy. The people that fly off the hook, constantly complaining or start saying a company does not build quality machines seem to always have more problems with the machines than others do.

Some people have real issues with their machine that takes time to get back to working order, this is not about them.

To all others "CHILL". I know right now to you it is the biggest problem in the world and you don't understand why the world does not stop till your problem is fixed.

The people on this forum are knowledgeable, most part unpaid helpers (except CaMaster Guys, yes they are knowledgeable and I hope get paid.) trying to help you get back to working order, taking time out of their lives to help other human beings with a problem. I sure wish the rest of life had a forum like this to depend on. Some times I don't understand how they can keep helping some one that is short worded, complainers or rude.

I usually just click off those post and continue reading others.

Thank you to all that give their time to help, and chill out to all those with problems who think they are the most important thing in the world at that moment.

Sorry I rambled on so long, this forum and its people are some of the Greatest, Bestest, Knowledgeable Friendly People I know. Please take care of this value resource it is the best there is
    Dana Decker
    dldecker@comcast.net
    Stinger I
    Aspire 8.something
    Wincnc
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    2 1/4 hp router

Dana, Just thought I would put my 2 cents in! This is the most professional forum I have seen and I really appreciate the quick reply, often in minutes The people that get back to us are our heros and I can't say enough good about them. At one time I thought about going with a different machine, one thing that won me over was the fact that we have a great bunch here that gives of there time unselfishly. That said, the people that have the most problems, are the ones that are impatient and want instant solutions. Have a great night, now it's time to go to my day job( night's) Dwayne
    Dwayne Rossner
    Stinger ll sr-44
    1.7 kw spindle analog control ftc
    recoil ready
    Penn state dust collection
    Aspire

LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY THE RIDE

Comment

Dana...
      Nice post! At the risk of hurting feelings, I will add some comments based on a number of years doing tech support for 2 CNC companies. Please understand that this is meant to show the view from the other side of the fence.

You mention a number of items like deadlines, downtime and material cost. They are real. What they do is raise customer anxiety and frustration. That anxiety and frustration reduces the customers ability to diagnose the problem. The techs are at the mercy of the customers descriptions of the problems and the accuracy of their findings.

An old tech support adage states: "Tech support is the art of patiently listening to a customer list a hundred things he believes to be true so that you can ask a few questions to find out which one is not". This is a statement of human nature.

Users will attempt to assist a tech with a list of statements when in fact only a few of them are relevant and one or more are not accurate. The higher the frustration level, the more resistance a user will have when a tech "questions" his findings in an attempt to drill down into a problem.

An example of a typical exchange:
      My spoilboard is flat
      My material is held down well
      My bit is zeroed to top of material
      Material is .75 thick measured with calipers
      Profile cut depth is .75
      My bit cuts 1/4" into the spoilboard
      I've cut this file 100 times with no errors
      Nothing has changed, but now the machine cuts too deep.

Here's the deal: If all of the above are true, then it is impossible for the bit to cut 1/4" into the spoilboard. One or more are not accurate. To solve the issue, we need to find which one(s). If a user truly wishes to solve his problems, he will drop a defensive standpoint and assist the tech to find out which one it is.

RE: the last two.... If you have cut this file 100 times with no problems and now you have a problem, believe me...... SOMETHING HAS CHANGED, and the techs will need you to help find it.

All of the above applies to CNC in general and spans every brand. Those users that assume "everything" is correct and are put off when techs want to verify each and every seemingly simple operation will always have the most problems. Those that have a few tech calls and learn how the techs check the basics one by one in order diagnose their own problems and don't require tech support.
      Gary Campbell
      Servo Control Upgrades
      GCnC411@gmail.com
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"

Comment

Gary

It would be nice if you would post about the proper way to get help. I know it sounds stupid but so many people seem not to under stand this. need to learn this.

I am sure it would help the support side of things.

Thanks for your and Dwayne's comments
        Dana Decker
        dldecker@comcast.net
        Stinger I
        Aspire 8.something
        Wincnc
        FTC
        Laser Pointer
        2 1/4 hp router

Comment

Dana...
          I don't know if there is a right or wrong way. And I surely don't want to give the impression that those who request support are doing anything wrong. My comments were meant to let the userbase know what a difficult job tech support really is.

In most cases the techs can't see or operate the machine. They may be getting a description from an inexperienced user that may not have learned "the jargon". The user most assuredly doesn't know the components names or functions. Yet in most cases problems are resolved in a reasonable timespan.

To your point I would say that the best way to get help from the techs that I know, is to ask for it. They are there when you need them.

A side note: A friend from Australia wrote me and was wondering about this forum. He thought that this forum had been "sanitized" because problems seem small in number, minor and easily fixed. So some kudos go the guys that pitch in here on a regular basis too.
          Gary Campbell
          Servo Control Upgrades
          GCnC411@gmail.com

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"

Comment

"Sanitized" Now that is Cute !
            James McGrew
            CAMaster ATC 508
            The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
            https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

I thought so

I told him that anyone that whines on CAMHeads has their posts removed and then the Men in Black come with a helicopter, repo their machine and have their memory zapped.
              Gary Campbell
              Servo Control Upgrades
              GCnC411@gmail.com

Comment

It is pretty simple,, the forum is transparent and the goal is total success for the CAMaster owner, We Know from experience that this does happen (For some who resist it can take longer)

Mechanical, technical operation, maintenance or problem Post are Moved to owners tech sections when the owner may be new and still in a learning curve to get help,, Every post i ever moved got resolved.
                James McGrew
                CAMaster ATC 508
                The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
                https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Working...
                X