Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wincnc !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wincnc !


    this Forum is for General discussion of Wincnc and its use with Camaster cnc machines. Postings relating to tech needs for owners may be moved to the owners section if needed.
    James McGrew
    CAMaster ATC 508
    The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

    Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
    https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

    fixed 4-27-2020
  • #2

    Things are really quiet in CAMheads land for WinCNC problems. Of course that's a good thing.
    JohnnyCNC

    Comment

    • #3

      Problems ? what problems !
      James McGrew
      CAMaster ATC 508
      The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

      www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

      https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

      Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
      https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

      fixed 4-27-2020

      Comment

      • #4

        Originally posted by james mcgrew View Post
        Problems ? what problems !


        the only problem we ever thought we had we didn't but we tried !!
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

        www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

        https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

        Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

        fixed 4-27-2020

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by JohnnyCNC View Post
          Things are really quiet in CAMheads land for WinCNC problems. Of course that's a good thing.
          Johnny, I can make up/think a few questions if you like
          Mick Martin
          mickmartin3@comcast.net
          CAMaster Cobra 508 ATC + Recoil + Popup Pins
          Digitize Touch Probe
          Wincnc Handheld Serial Keypad + Wireless Pendant
          Hurricane vacuum
          WinCNC + Aspire 9.5 + PhotoVCarve + EnRoute 5
          www.mickmartinwoodworking.com/

          The search function on the forum is your best friend!

          Comment

          • #6

            Originally posted by Mick Martin View Post
            Johnny, I can make up/think a few questions if you like
            Haha, I know you can Mick. You are an expert question maker upper. I'm enjoying the break.

            Jim, I didn't mean to say problems with WinCNC. I meant more to say problems using WinCNC. Does that sound better? I have a brain-fart sometimes and can't remember how to use the simulate or something like that.
            JohnnyCNC

            Comment

            • #7

              if you want something to do I can go break my stinger.
              Joey Jarrard

              US Router Tools
              888-720-TOOL (8665)
              www.usroutertools.com

              Comment

              • #8

                Thanks man. It warms my heart to know you'd actually break your machine to give me something to do. And the thing is, I think you'd really do it.
                JohnnyCNC

                Comment

                • #9

                  I get an error message when I home the machine that tool changer not configured. I do not have a tool changer. I can not even find the wincnc.ini file.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    sounds fishy to me.

                    Is this PC on the net?
                    The only time I have seen the wincnc folder get corrupted was from a virus.

                    If all else fails CAMaster keeps a back up of all machines factory settings. We can get you going like new. But we do need to find out what is going on.

                    Put in a support ticket and see what one of the gurus can find out. They may need to get one of the hot shots at wincnc involved if we can not put our finger on it.

                    But have no fear we got cha back!
                    Joey Jarrard

                    US Router Tools
                    888-720-TOOL (8665)
                    www.usroutertools.com

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by darde View Post
                      I get an error message when I home the machine that tool changer not configured. I do not have a tool changer. I can not even find the wincnc.ini file.
                      You can find your wincnc.ini file two ways.
                      1. click on Start -> My computer -> C Drive -> Scroll down to the bottom you will see a Wincnc folder -> Double on the Wincnc folder to open it -> Scroll down to the bottom of the Wincnc folder and you will see wincnc.ini.

                      Option 2.

                      Click on start -> just above the start button is a search box with the text "Search programs and files" -> type in the box wincnc.ini then press enter -> you should see the name wincnc.ini file -> right mouse click on wincnc.ini -> select "Open file location" third option down from the top.

                      If you like to email the wincnc.ini file to me (email in the signature block) I will take a look. Could you also include a screen shoot of the error message .... either use print screen or take a picture of the error message with a camera.
                      Mick Martin
                      mickmartin3@comcast.net
                      CAMaster Cobra 508 ATC + Recoil + Popup Pins
                      Digitize Touch Probe
                      Wincnc Handheld Serial Keypad + Wireless Pendant
                      Hurricane vacuum
                      WinCNC + Aspire 9.5 + PhotoVCarve + EnRoute 5
                      www.mickmartinwoodworking.com/

                      The search function on the forum is your best friend!

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Thanks for the offers but I have a service call in to the maker. (Not Camaster) I wish my router manufacturer had a forum like yours. I did get it to home but I had to do a G28 for each axis separately (I read the manual). I was frustrated by it and was looking for help on the weekend. I updated my WinCNC program in Nov. and really don't home it very often as ever job I do is a one time thing at a different location. I had it do this once before but did get it to work but it will not this time. I'm sure the update just overwrote a file that controls the screen buttons but will let you know. I did look at the backup that I made before updating and they appeared to be the same.

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          There are specific commands that will only work with a tool changing machine.

                          For example:

                          L111 T{t}
                          The above line is telling WinCNC to check to see if the tool you are wanting to change to (with a tool changing machine) is the tool that's already in the spindle. If it is the same, the next line would tell the tool changing macro to abort out of the macro. That keeps it from unloading the tool, then picking it right back up again.

                          If WinCNC sees a command that only works with a tool changing machine and the machine is not set up for that feature, it throws that error.

                          My guess is that your Home button is running a "home" macro that is running a warmup and it's telling it to pick up a tool. I don't know how your files got changed, but something isn't right.

                          Good luck. And good info for CAMheads too, just in the rare case this would ever happen to one of them.
                          JohnnyCNC

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by JohnnyCNC View Post
                            There are specific commands that will only work with a tool changing machine.

                            For example:

                            L111 T{t}
                            The above line is telling WinCNC to check to see if the tool you are wanting to change to (with a tool changing machine) is the tool that's already in the spindle. If it is the same, the next line would tell the tool changing macro to abort out of the macro. That keeps it from unloading the tool, then picking it right back up again.

                            If WinCNC sees a command that only works with a tool changing machine and the machine is not set up for that feature, it throws that error.

                            My guess is that your Home button is running a "home" macro that is running a warmup and it's telling it to pick up a tool. I don't know how your files got changed, but something isn't right.

                            Good luck. And good info for CAMheads too, just in the rare case this would ever happen to one of them.
                            Good information Johnny, I noticed that if I call out a tool but it's already in the spindle it just carries on to the next line without performing the toolchange.

                            L110 t0
                            L111 t{t} [Skip Next Line Current Tool!=New Tool]
                            Mick Martin
                            mickmartin3@comcast.net
                            CAMaster Cobra 508 ATC + Recoil + Popup Pins
                            Digitize Touch Probe
                            Wincnc Handheld Serial Keypad + Wireless Pendant
                            Hurricane vacuum
                            WinCNC + Aspire 9.5 + PhotoVCarve + EnRoute 5
                            www.mickmartinwoodworking.com/

                            The search function on the forum is your best friend!

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Got it working. That was exactly the cause of it. The problem was when I upgraded to the new WinCNC it has changed how it looked at the file. I never changed my home file but it did have the command line for the tool changer in it. It used to ignore the line but now it doesn't so it gave me the error. I just had to delete it and carry on. Thanks for the help.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X