Installing the WinCNC PCI Card driver on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Installing the WinCNC PCI Card driver on Windows 10

I don't know if this is still true for the latest hardware from WinCNC, but for my setup which is 2.6 the driver for the PCI7200 card is unsigned, meaning it will not be allowed to install by Windows 10 unless you turn off Signed Driver Enforcement.

To do this:

- Hold down the shift key, then go to the start menu and choose Restart.
    - Go to Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings and then restart again.
    - Select Disable driver signature enforcement.

You can now install the PCI card driver.

I actually had to do this twice - once to get it running when I installed the card, then again when Windows updated to Windows 10 version 1903.

Thanks for sharing the workaround for the 'unsigned' issue. I upgraded to Windows10 a year ago and didn't bump into any problems. I did ask CAMaster if there were any issues before the Windows10 upgrade and they recommended first updating WinCNC to the latest 2.6 version, which a year ago was 2.6.14.
    Mike Davison www.DavisonWoodworks.com
    Stinger II with Recoil, GCNC Sidewinder Lathe, Aspire, Sketchup

Comment

There is a version 3.0 of Wincnc out on the website wincnc.net you can download. Thats what Im running, but I think there is a different daughter board needed for 3.0. And I think some of the older machines running 2.6 might have the “down level” daughter board. Still, worth checking into.
      Joe Garber
      Retired, Hobbyist
      Stinger 1 SR24
      FTC
      Laser Pointer
      HSD 1.7kw Spindle
      Indexing Lathe
      WinCNC, Aspire 10.5, PhotoCarve
      Storm Vacuum
      drummerjg@icloud.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
      1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10

Comment

Closing the loop on this - Camaster helped me upgrade to 2.6.14 (available from the wincnc.net website; I was previously running 2.6.3). The PCI card driver included in 2.6.14 is signed and installs without monkey business.

WinCNC 2.6 minor version upgrade procedure:
        - Backup WinCNC folder
        - Extract contents of update file to the c:\wincnc folder replacing files with same names
        - Run driverinstaller and approve installation
        - Reboot

Comment

Not even a little?
          Attached Files
          Jpscustomshop@gmail.com

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
          3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
          V Carve, Mozaik

Comment

Working...
          X