How to park machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • How to park machine

Hello all Camaster gurus.... I have a 2017 Cobra ATC508. I use it to run mozaik and vcarve, when it completes a file it stops wherever the last cut is and just stays there right where the last cut was. Sometimes in the middle of the sheet, the end etc... is there a way to edit the post processor so that it conducts a T0 tool drop off after the last cut? That way the machine is out of the way and tools are dropped? Thanks in advance for the help!!!
    2017 Cobra ATC 508

Vectric is easy to add what you want to the end section. You can do the tool drop and have it park wherever you want. If you have not created custom files for being able to let the machine vacuum itself off after removing the parts, it's very handy. I have not used Mosaik.
    Fixing machines and making sawdust.
    SW side of Houston kenrychlik (at) gmail

Comment

I have mine set to return to home position after each completed job. I am not at my machine but will see if someone else jumps in. If not, I will post this evening.
      Existing:-2014 Cobra 5x10 ATC w/ 10 hp spindle, Mozaik, 25 hp Becker High Vacuum Pump, 5 HP Oneida DC-Central Texas
      New:-2014 Cobra 5x12 ATC w/ 10 hp spindle, pop up pins, phenolic top, lathe, vacuum relief valve, mister system, 25 HP Blower.

Comment

It's pretty trivial. Look at your CAMaster Toolchange INCH.pp file. It has this at the end:

+---------------------------------------------------
        + Commands output at the end of the file
        +---------------------------------------------------

begin FOOTER

" G53 Z0"
        " M5"

All you have to do is add this at the end:
        " T0"

If you want to park as well, assuming park position is at machine x0y0:
        " G53 X0Y0"
        Gary
        2018 Stinger II SR-44 with GCnC WinCNC Backplane, ClearPath Servos, 3HP RM30C ATC CNCDepot Spindle, 16 Tool Carousel, Custom Automatic Height Dustboot, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
        Fusion 360
        Aspire

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Rychlik View Post
          Vectric is easy to add what you want to the end section. You can do the tool drop and have it park wherever you want. If you have not created custom files for being able to let the machine vacuum itself off after removing the parts, it's very handy. I have not used Mosaik.
          How are you doing that? Creating a sweep file and adding it to the end of the post? Curious if you just paste it in after the tool drop?
          2017 Cobra ATC 508

Comment

I build it as a macro. If you want to call up that macro at the end of each cutting file you can, but I have a screen button that does that. After removing parts, I click the Vac Table button on the screen. It can be done many different ways, but that's just my way.
            Fixing machines and making sawdust.
            SW side of Houston kenrychlik (at) gmail

Comment

Working...
            X