Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keithrhyde
    replied
    Does anyone use one of the clear plastic brushes and how well does it work compared to the black brush type.

Leave a comment:

• LewisShanks
    replied
    Suggest that you check out this site: https://gvcustomdesigns.com. I know that he has made some for Stinger 1 users. George Vitale is very responsive and flexible with new ideas/designs.

Leave a comment:

• james mcgrew
    replied
    I remade mine HSD 5 hp ATC some years ago with magnets, still have plans , prototype worked so well i still use it never did make anymore !

Leave a comment:

• Texas CNC
    replied
    "We might be inclined to make some of these to sell if there is interest, but know this is specific designed for the 5HP HSD spindle and we have no plans in going into the "dust boot" business. However, my son might be interested in designing/making other sizes if there is a demand.."

I've been threatening to make a new design for the X3 machine but I've just not had the time to do it. I'd love to buy something similar for mine. Stinger III X3, 5HP spindle. No offense to CAMaster because I absolutely LOVE my Stinger III but the dust boot for that option leaves a lot to be desired. ;)

Leave a comment:

• james mcgrew
    replied
    He has come a long way qiuck with those boots ! good site. he is 3d printing these

Leave a comment:

• smichels78
    replied
    Any one seen this shop on Etsy? Keith has some pretty sleek custom boots. I'm considering getting one made for my x3 that wont block tool 3 position since I have the CutVision camera in slot 3. Let you know how it turns out.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OneGuyInAShop

Leave a comment:

• gtgmarine
    replied
    I have posted a thread on my PVC dust boot here that includes the VCarve file:
    https://www.camheads.org/forum/camas...t-for-stingers

Leave a comment:

• DaV8or
    replied
    Originally posted by gtgmarine View Post

I've had a number of requests for the part file for my PVC magnetic dust boot so I'll start a new thread and put the files there along with some notes about the design and fabrication steps.
    Once I create that thread I'll add a link to it here.
    Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• gtgmarine
    replied
    Originally posted by DaV8or View Post
    I would love to have the files to make this boot too! I need something!! Do you think this would work OK with a 2 1/2" hose shop vac? I have the Stinger 1 with the 1.7 KW spindle.
    I've had a number of requests for the part file for my PVC magnetic dust boot so I'll start a new thread and put the files there along with some notes about the design and fabrication steps.
    Once I create that thread I'll add a link to it here.

Leave a comment:

• DaV8or
    replied
    I would love to have the files to make this boot too! I need something!! Do you think this would work OK with a 2 1/2" hose shop vac? I have the Stinger 1 with the 1.7 KW spindle.

Leave a comment:

• LewisShanks
    replied
    One more request for the VCarve file and toolpaths for your design. I am just now figuring out how to modify the top piece of my Kent dust shoe (Dremel?) to fit past the laser pointer but ultimately think that I would also prefer to have the vacuum port to the side as opposed to being in front of the spindle. BTW can you advise specifically what magnets you used? Thanking you in advance for this.

Leave a comment:

• swallace84
    replied
    Originally posted by gtgmarine View Post
    Not quite as cool as the 3D printed version above but I designed and cut out a new dust boot recently just using some 3/4" PVC board.
    I can upload the VCarve file and toolpaths if anyone wants it.
    20210715_111805.jpg
    20210715_111752.jpg
    May I ask for the file too please?

Leave a comment:

• darde
    replied
    I made mine very much like pappybaynes with PVC. but clamped it to the bottom of the spindle.

Leave a comment:

• darde
    replied
    I would possibly replace a couple of the magnets with a couple of pins so the dust boot cannot be bumped during cutting and push it sideways off the magnets. They do not have much strength that way.

Leave a comment:

• SteveNelson46
    replied
    Originally posted by pappybaynes View Post

I'd bee interested in the file - thanks. I'd have to alter it a bit as my setup is slightly different than yours.
    I'd "bee" interested too. snelson@email.arizona.edu

Leave a comment:

Working...
X