Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Boundary Exceeded [Z-] (Stinger III SR48 X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Error Boundary Exceeded [Z-] (Stinger III SR48 X3)

I know this has been covered many times and I have read and tried numerous fixes with the same result. G92, G49 and more. Here is what I am attempting to do. I am wanting to adapt my spoil board to accommodate using the Kreg horizontal clamp system. These go in a hole and extend/retract with a large circular handle. Previously I had put holes across the X perimeter and part way down the y as well to put dowel rod in for work positioning. I bored the holes with a 2 flute carbide spiral cutter and it has worked well. I don't recall having an issue then but I didn't go as deep either. This is just an addition to that. My issue is that the hole needs to be 1.250 +.050 for clearance in the bottom so 1.300 total depth. No matter what I do the program aborts at -1.000 every time. I have tried zeroing everyway I can think of. Tried numerous variations in the program. Same result in every instance. I am out of ideas to try. My forehead is getting flat from banging against the wall. I might not get back here until evening to reply and give more info if you need it. I do need to change the radius in my program as I have determined the diameter is to small to allow the clamp to set flat. Thanks in advance.
    CAMaster Stinger III X3
    WinCNC
    Vectric VCarve Pro
    Vectric VCarve Photo

If you are using v carve set your material thickness to be at least as thick the cutting depth and set your z zero to the top of the material and measure off the top of the spoilboard.

I think this is the process I use to cut into my spoilboard.

2018 Cobra Elite ATC
    2 Becker VTLF 2.250 vacuum pumps
    Vcarve Pro

Comment

Okay I adjusted the material depth to 1.600 and no change. I then opened the tap file in Notepad and added L21 after the Rpm setting. Although that may not make any difference but that disables soft limits. Sometimes things work without issues then there are days like this. Thanks for the help and the suggestion got me thinking down a different path and now it's running and boring away. I am running VCarve Pro version 11 as info.
      CAMaster Stinger III X3
      WinCNC
      Vectric VCarve Pro
      Vectric VCarve Photo

Comment

I've run into this a few times too and a post from stevenelson46 gave me the solution that worked. Here's his post, you would just need to edit with the depth you need (and remember to change it back when done). Ended my frustration with this error, hope it helps!
        Last edited by sakle2k; 04-23-2022, 10:01 AM.
        Lester Sak
        2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1.7kw Spindle
        FTC, Laser, Counter Balance, Gantry Lift, T-slots
        VCarve Pro 10.5 & WinCNC

Comment

Gary Campbell has described this before. When I want to drill holes in my spoilboard, I measure a bit on the FTC. Then I move over the spoilboard and type g0z0, which moves the bit to the spoilboard. g49 to turn off tool measure. g92z0 to set Z0. At this point, you're pretty much still at z0 for the top of the spoilboard, but you have no protections for drilling at deep as you'd like. If you re-measure the tool or type g43, the tool length is taken into account again. Make sure to type g92.1z to clear the green box, because otherwise your bit won't be able to get near the spoilboard without a soft limit error.
          Gary
          2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
          Fusion 360
          Aspire

Comment

Thanks for the replies and info. The learning curve I seem to be on is more like a flat line but thanks for the assistance. I also figure that my blunders might help someone else when they face the same issue.
            CAMaster Stinger III X3
            WinCNC
            Vectric VCarve Pro
            Vectric VCarve Photo

Comment

Working...
            X