Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retrofit Crosshair Lasers

Background:

I opted for popup pins over cross-hair lasers (Camaster said both weren't needed) but I'm working on some parts that are too small for the pins and need to be aligned inside the material edge.

Question:

Without a laser crosshair, how do you typically align small parts or alignments where you need to align with something, not at the wood edge? It seems like the only option is to use a V bit in lieu of a crosshair.

If there is not a better solution, does anyone know if laser crosshairs can be retrofit?

Derek
    Panther ATC w/ Lathe & Vac

The laser crosshair is very handy - I use mine on every job but yes, you can use a V-bit also.
    I'm not sure about adding it after the sale so maybe someone else can chime in or you can try to contact support.
    Good luck.
    Pete
    ----------
    2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
    Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
    Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
    VCarve Pro 11.0
    www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

get bore sight laser, then can put in the spindal collet.... cheap and easy....
      panther 508 ATC
      7watt laser
      recoil

Comment

I have not used my laser in a good 9years plus, My bits are set to xy lower left then commanded to GO TO x and y as needed then save position in home positions and set as z xy zero in that extra position. when finished goto home positions select standard xy goto then set xy as req
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Thanks for the answers, the v-bit method made it simple enough.
          Panther ATC w/ Lathe & Vac

Comment

I do use the laser, but if I need to be "uber exact", I use a vee bit for sure to get that x-y zero point. While most of my work has that in the middle of the job, this also works if I need lower, left corner, too.
            ---
            Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
            Festool "a good collection"
            Stubby - lathe
            Oneida Cyclone
            more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
            Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
            Located Bucks County PA

Comment

if you lower the v-bit .005 below the table, then drag it in the direction you want to reference, you willl get a nice reference line on your spoilboard, which will be exactly parallel with that axis direction of travel (not so with an x-laser).
              Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
              6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
              near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Working...
              X