Getting started with EnRoute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Getting started with EnRoute

I'm a new Panther owner. I still need to work out my process for getting jobs over to the control panel. I create in Flexi, set the toolpaths in Enroute, and that's where I'm stuck. Where do I get the driver for EnRoute? How should I save/import jobs? I haven't even milled my table surface yet and I already broke a tool holder on my ATC. I need some help on established my process.

You need a post processor for Enroute that's compatible with WinCNC. From another thread on this. board about the same subject: https://www.wincnc.net/webfiles/Post...ssors/Enroute/. This may or may not need tweaked for your Camaster machine.

What made you choose to use Enroute rather than Vectric that came with your machine for the toolpaths? Just curious.
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

I chose EnRoute b/c I've worked with SAi for over 15yrs with Flexi. I know their products and trust the company. I thought it better to start with EnRoute versus trying to convert to it later. Some industry guys I follow that do really great work use EnRoute. So, I thought that would put me on the right path. I have no knowledge of how the two software compare with features, etc. I hope I don't have to start with Vectric, then go to EnRoute just to have access to help/answers. But, that's what I'll do if I can't get ramped up quickly.

Comment

Matt

You'll need to use the WinCNC driver

In Enroute, goto Setup > Machine Drivers > Driver Description

Bottom right corner of the dialog box it says Active Drivers

Set Active Drivers dialog: You'll need to change it to wincnc17 > ToolChanger
        You can use SingleHead also as if it weren't ATC.

Hope this helps

Ronnie

Comment

These are inch machines, so be careful if you're designing in mm's. Your post processor needs to be in inches.
          Wes
          Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook
          Steel 5X10 Panther
          5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
          WinCNC
          VcarvePro 9.5
          15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I think I have the driver handled. For my first job, I wanted to mill my table surface. The job came over into WinCNC and I sent the job to the router. The spindle picked up the surfacing bit, the gantry moved to the back left corner of the table and the bit slowly plunged down into the table surface. The spindle was not spinning (I did do a warm-up prior to all this). I killed the job and had to turn off the machine and manually spin the Z upward b/c WinCNC seemed to be locked up. Brought the router and the software back up and still get the router to respond to any buttons. Is there a limit switch somewhere I need to reset?

Comment

Did you use the WinCNC warm-up macro that also uses the initialization routine or run the initialization macro before starting? That does ascertain the limits...they exist on all axis. Have you had your orientation call with Camaster technical support yet? There's lots of this kind of thing covered in that very valuable (and free) call.
              ---
              Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
              Festool "a good collection"
              Stubby - lathe
              Oneida Cyclone
              more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
              Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
              Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Working...
              X