Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y-axis Low limit switch tripped

Hello

My pt-404 panther machine was doing great until a little while ago. I am getting an error message that my Low Limit Switch is being engaged before I run initialize on VisualCNC. Also if I run initialize, only one arm of the machine moves to find zero before it racks itself. I've done some initial diagnosing and can only come to something with the circuit board.

The photo of the circuit board is to show the light indicator is off while the PCI cable is unplugged. I've checked conductivity of wires all the way to the board.

The photo of the VIsualCNC is to show when the PCI cable is mounted back in that i have a low limit switch error on the y-axis.

Looking for help and what my options are.

​​​​​​Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

if you locate the limit switch on the side that is failing, try pushing the plunger in and out, it may be stuck "in". try spraying some electronic/electrial cleaner in and on the switch while you are actuating it. follow the wires back to the controller.
    Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
    6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
    near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Thanks, I've done that, even pulled it off to test and it works like it should. I have followed and checked the wires all the way back to the control.

Comment

not sure about VisualCNC. but before you initialize, you may be able to go to the View tab and select Inputs. on my PT404, the Y axis lights are on, when they are not actuated. when i push them in the light goes off.
        Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
        6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
        near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Working...
        X