Tail Stock Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tail Stock Repair

Alright so the wood I was running was slipping so I tightened the tail stock more to compress the tip further into the wood. While doing this it feels like I stopped out the threads. Now when I spin it the screw backs out and tail stock stays where it was. Looking for a repair or replacement parts. Anyone had to perform this repair? Also how can I get better grip on wood? May need to upgrade chuck and looking for suggestions.
    Stinger III w/ X3 and Recoil
    Aspire

Originally posted by Eb0la11 View Post
    Alright so the wood I was running was slipping so I tightened the tail stock more to compress the tip further into the wood. While doing this it feels like I stopped out the threads. Now when I spin it the screw backs out and tail stock stays where it was. Looking for a repair or replacement parts. Anyone had to perform this repair? Also how can I get better grip on wood? May need to upgrade chuck and looking for suggestions.
    Take your tailstock apart (take the handle off, then pull the whole assembly out the front). In mine, there is a retaining ring that fits in a groove in the threaded rod, and if you use too much pressure you can pop this ring out of the groove (or bend it). Simply take the ring off, flatten it again on an anvil, compress it a little so it holds tight in the groove and put everything back together.
    Russell Crawford
    Cobra 408 ATC with recoil
    Alberta, Canada
    www.cherryleaf-rustle.com

Comment

Working...
    X