Back with a Stinger 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Back with a Stinger 2...

Just got my Stinger 2 today. I plan on running my first piece tomorrow, and really excited to see the difference with the servos. Sure hope this goes better than my last debacle.
    Last edited by RathTech Design; 10-05-2021, 06:44 AM.
    Craig Rathman

CAD Designer/Stay at Home Dad/Small Business Owner
    US Army Combat Veteran 13F (OEF 10'-11')

My Machine:
    Stinger II SR44 (2021)
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    7 Watt Laser
    HSD 1.7kw Spindle
    WinCNC

Software:
    Vectric Aspire 11
    Adobe Illustrator

Dust Collection:
    Oneida Supercell

Contact Info:
    rathtechdesign@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/rathtechdesign

Had the servos been available when I bought, I would likely have opted for that option! I look forward to your observations.
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Becker View Post
      Had the servos been available when I bought, I would likely have opted for that option! I look forward to your observations.
      I've seen a vast improvement in machine time for starters. I was hoping when I paused a job I might not see the line issue upon restart, but it still leaves one. Not really anything I'm faulting the machine for. My roughing passes went from around 2 hours to 30mins. Finish passes have been cut in 1/2 to or a 1/3 depending on how much detail the piece has. All things considered I love this Stinger II.
      Craig Rathman

CAD Designer/Stay at Home Dad/Small Business Owner
      US Army Combat Veteran 13F (OEF 10'-11')

My Machine:
      Stinger II SR44 (2021)
      FTC
      Laser Pointer
      7 Watt Laser
      HSD 1.7kw Spindle
      WinCNC

Software:
      Vectric Aspire 11
      Adobe Illustrator

Dust Collection:
      Oneida Supercell

Contact Info:
      rathtechdesign@gmail.com
      www.facebook.com/rathtechdesign

Comment

Maybe start another post with your “pause” problem?
        Charlie L
        Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
        WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

If you pause then return and continue the machine has to come up to rpm while beggining to move. best to use the restart command and start from a few lines back
          James McGrew
          CAMaster ATC 508
          The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
          https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Originally posted by james mcgrew View Post
            If you pause then return and continue the machine has to come up to rpm while beggining to move. best to use the restart command and start from a few lines back
            When I pause my machine, the spindle stays running? I'd rather it was stopped...
            Gary
            2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
            Fusion 360
            Aspire

Comment

My spindle stops good question
              James McGrew
              CAMaster ATC 508
              The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
              https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Originally posted by DVE2000 View Post

When I pause my machine, the spindle stays running? I'd rather it was stopped...
                Yea that would be nice for it to pause & stop spinning... and maybe lift up an inch or so, then to resume...
                g̶o̶ b̶a̶c̶k̶ a̶ f̶e̶w̶ l̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ dwell, start spinning & lower into position & cut away.

Last edited by UglySign; 10-13-2021, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I don't remember seeing a pause macro, but I'll look. Otherwise, I may call WinCNC and speak to Mike. I'm pretty sure you can't use a macro to go back a few lines in a g-code program.
                  Gary
                  2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
                  Fusion 360
                  Aspire

Comment

Gary, I've updated my wishes

Comment

You can get one, but not the rest. :) I knew there wasn't a macro, so I called WinCNC and spoke to Stephen. He said that you can put a w0 at the end of the end of the auxoutput line for the spindle in your wincnc.ini file. However, like Jim mentioned, on a restart it won't wait for the spindle to get up to speed. So if you ever pause, you're going to hit escape and rerun the file from a line or 2 earlier. So I won't be adding this to my auxout.

He put in a request for them to look into lifting the head an inch on a pause, but it's up to the developers to see if they'd actually be interested in doing something like that in a future release. I have WinCNC 3.0, so I do check their download section every few months and update my version of WinCNC to the latest if there's a new one out there.
                      Gary
                      Fusion 360
                      Aspire

Comment

Working...
                      X