Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackbox Cyclone under Stinger 2

Hello,
    I'm getting the blackbox cyclone to go with my Stinger 2. Am I correct in thinking that the only way to get it under the unit is to lift the whole cnc up 18" so I can slide the 17" tall cyclone under it? I know it's not ideal to put the cyclone under the stinger but I'm in a pretty tight shop.
    many thanks
    stuart

I have no experience with the BlackBox box, but what you describe is probably the best way to accomplish the task. The vacuum setup is very heavy to my understanding and even if it could slip between the lower and upper rails of the Stinger II without damaging anything, that might be very unwieldy to accomplish. Just like working on a vehicle, do not depend upon the jack(s) to hold up the Stinger while you do the deed. It needs to be on study blocking for safety while you are crawling around down there and trying to move something heavy around.
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Stuart, I cannot talk to the sizes for the Stinger 2 but I do have a cyclone vacuum and it runs at almost 100dBs at high frequency so very annoying. I installed mine outside and I live in a subdivision with home on both sides and no one complains. I did install mufflers on the output side which does help some. I attached pics. FWIW
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      Keith Hyde, Winchester, VA
      2016 Stinger 1, 1.7KW HF Spindle HSD
      Performance Package Pro, Vac, lathe, Aspire 10
      Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
      Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
      hyde.consulting@comcast.net

Comment

That is pretty cool !
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

i put my hurricane under my panrher when taking wheels off. only cranked up few more inches.
          panther 508 on order

Comment

My Hurricane came mounted under my Stinger IV and I took it off. I moved mine between the rails after I dropped it down to the ground to get it out. It was awkward but wasn't impossible to do with 2 people.
            4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
            Mister system
            Phenolic Vac table
            Hurricane Vac
            Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

I put one under mine - will try to post a pic but in short i used a ladder as a tripod, winch to lift and then just pushed it under onto the platform i suspended from the frame. I also added some 6” round ducting to get the heat out from under the table - seems to have worked well
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Many thanks. Can you show us a picture of the 6" round ducting you did?

Comment

Many thanks y'all. I got the appropriate casters ready from Caster City. I got these jacks to support the machine while I get the Black Box Cyclone under the machine. Will the cross bar circled in red fit in the jack stand? How thick is that cross bar?
                  really appreciate it
                  stuart
                  Attached Files

Comment

I put my Hurricane on the floor then set the SR44 over it when I installed the machine. I also put the vacuum machine on a small dolly so it can be moved a little when doing the PVC piping.
                    Stinger II SR44 with servos
                    Recoil Prep
                    3KW spindle
                    7 Watt Laser
                    Pro Option Pack
                    Hand Held Keypad
                    T-Slot Table with Hurricane Vacuum.
                    Aspire 10.5
                    WinCnc

Comment

Originally posted by swallace84 View Post
                      Will the cross bar circled in red fit in the jack stand? How thick is that cross bar?
                      really appreciate it
                      stuart
                      My Stinger II cross bar is 2 by 4 steel. Therefore, it wouldn't fit inside the jackstand ears. I'm not sure of the wall thickness on the steel crossbar.
                      Charlie L
                      Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
                      WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Thank you very much. If the crossbar is 2x4, wouldn’t it fit fine between the jack stand ears?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh I see now. It’s four inches horizontal… dang. I’ve never used jack stands before… is there any way I can still use these safely? Maybe an extra attachment? Or do I need to find new jack stands with more width between the ears?

Comment

Originally posted by swallace84 View Post
                            Many thanks. Can you show us a picture of the 6" round ducting you did?
                            Yes I can get you a picture - probably tomorrow sorry was away from my laptop all day today

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X