Air compressor for air assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air compressor for air assist

Would this work fine for the air assist?

California Air Tools 2010A Ultra Quiet

Assuming you are talking about the spindle/router assist, yes that is more than enough. The assist uses very little air. It just needs to be pressurized to 30-40 psi depending on which spindle/router you are using.
    Bruce Page
    Retired Hobbyist
    2013 Stinger 1 SR23
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    HSD 1.7kw Spindle
    KRS USB Keypad
    Mick Martin Table
    Aspire 10.512, WinCNC
    Chips-a-flyin
    brucep128@gmail.com

Comment

Note that if you are using an ATC it will require more air, but still it isn't very much.
      4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
      Mister system
      Phenolic Vac table
      Hurricane Vac
      Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

The regular counterbalance doesn't "use" air...just pressure...so you can use something really tiny, honestly. In my temporary shop, I have my little, tiny portable compressor plugged into the line from my Stinger II so I can leave the big compressor "off" most of the time. (that keeps it from running as I have some minor leaks in the temporary network) As Logan mentioned, folks with an ATC will actually be using air, so the requirements are bigger for that application. For the former, an inexpensive, small portable unit from Harbor Freight would do the job instead of paying the money for the California unit unless you intend to use it for other applications, too.
        ---
        Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
        Festool "a good collection"
        Stubby - lathe
        Oneida Cyclone
        more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
        Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
        Located Bucks County PA

Comment

I have the California Air Tools 1 gallon compressor for my air assist. Super quiet, only comes on maybe once per day. Nice little compressor.
          Last edited by gtgmarine; 09-27-2021, 09:27 PM.
          Pete
          ----------
          2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
          Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
          Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
          VCarve Pro 11.0
          www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

Working...
          X