Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinger 2 SR44 X zero position shifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinger 2 SR44 X zero position shifting...

I'm having issues once I change toolpaths and/or do a manual tool change. It's roughly shifting -.125" on the X axis. Doesn't seem to be shifting on the Y axis, and it's holding Z zero. This has happened on multiple different types of toolpaths the last 2 days. I use Vectric Aspire V11.5 and mainly do 3D toolpaths. First, it's done it on a profile toolpath changing from a different profile toolpath. Second, it was from a 3D rough cut to 3D finish cut. I went through all my tool settings, toolpath creation, and tried rerunning the 3D finish cut. This didn't remedy the situation.

I will be putting a ticket in with support, but they're not open currently. Wondering if anyone has had this happen, and if they figured out a fix on their own.
    Craig Rathman

CAD Designer/Stay at Home Dad/Small Business Owner
    US Army Combat Veteran 13F (OEF 10'-11')

My Machine:
    Stinger II SR44 (2021)
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    7 Watt Laser
    HSD 1.7kw Spindle
    WinCNC

Software:
    Vectric Aspire 11
    Adobe Illustrator

Dust Collection:
    Oneida 5HP Dust Gorilla Pro SMART Boost Dust Collector

Contact Info:
    rathtechdesign@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/rathtechdesign

Sounds similar to my previous experience. It was changing as it cut. Check out my troubleshooting.
    In my case I bought a new computer and upgraded WinCNC from the WinCNC folks. Has been fine since.
    https://www.camheads.org/forum/camas...-while-cutting
    Charlie L
    Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
    WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Could it be that the collar coupling inside your gearbox is loose or the setscrew on the pinion gear loose? Remove the round seal om the side of the gearbox and jog the machine slowly till you can see the head of the allen head bolt and tighten if needed. This is a clamping type of collar. I doubt that it is a computer issue, it is a fairly new machine.
      Last edited by Pete marken; 05-26-2024, 07:31 PM.
      Stinger II SR44 with servos
      Recoil Prep
      3KW spindle
      7 Watt Laser
      Pro Option Pack
      Hand Held Keypad
      T-Slot Table with Hurricane Vacuum.
      Aspire 10.5
      WinCnc

Comment

Remember some of the pinion gears have 2 set screws one on top of the other

Comment

Working...
        X