X3 change problem during job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james mcgrew View Post

feel free to call were you the fellow we worked out touch top last week ?
    No sir, I've been juggling a few things and just really getting into the thick of it now. I did get some help on a few other things through CAMaster support but it's off hours and I am elbow deep in getting it setup!
    Stinger 3: SR-48, X3, Lathe, Laser, WinCNC, SolidWorks

Comment

My cell is 803 518 2074, I will be in car in 20 min feel free to call
      James McGrew
      CAMaster ATC 508
      The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
      https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Sounds great James, will call you at 6:30pm ET. Will be a 617 number
        Stinger 3: SR-48, X3, Lathe, Laser, WinCNC, SolidWorks

Comment

Waiting on food call now if can
          James McGrew
          CAMaster ATC 508
          The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
          https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Hello, I don’t know if it’s normal but after I open my file and hit enter, it tells me to move dust boot and it moves to the ftc and starts measuring, then dust boot back on and runs the toolpath and then T2 runs toolpath. So I was wondering why it would move to the FTC and measure in the beginning , if I already measured T1 and T2 and then touch top on top of material before I opened my file. Using X3 PP too (SR-48)

Comment

Figured I'd add onto this thread as well. I am trying to work around a similar issue with x3 and wondering if the ftc can be bypassed.

My x3 is configured slightly different with spindle in primary position and a knife and camera for the other two slots.

99% of my business is print 'n cut where I apply vinyl prints on rigid substrate. The camera picks up printed registrations market on each image and then I run profile cuts.

Right now the cleanest (but messy) way of managing files is to create 2 tap files: the first is the registration marks for the camera using the x3 pp and the other is the profile cut using the single tool pp. It works, but wastes time searching through hundreds of files and sometime creates errors when I mistakenly gram the wrong cut file.

I have tried consolidating into a single file using the x3 pp which works fine. The trouble becomes this need to zero z using the ftc between each job. Takes too long especially since I run a single 1/8" cutter all day long and don't have to change z until its toast or I resurface my spoilboard.

The original instructions with my stinger said the machine ships with ftc deactivated until the user contacts wincnc. I haven't taken that step yet.
              1. Is there a way to check if the ftc is active?
              2. If the ftc is deactivated, will the tap file not run properly?
              3. How do I skip the tool measurement step if z is already set? Would love an answer that doesn't involve modifying tap file. I have 700+ files and counting. Would be more time consuming to tweak all those files.
              Thanks.

Steve

Comment

I don't have an X3 machine but as far as I know, your FTC will not be used if you create toolpath files with the "single tool" PP.
                Pete
                ----------
                2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
                Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
                Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
                VCarve Pro 11.0
                www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

That's correct about the single tool PP. I want to use the multi-tool pp without having to touch off the bit between since the tool change is camera to spindle, not a bit change requiring a new z height.

Comment

Working...
                  X