Machine acting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Machine acting up

So I don’t use my machine every day and last used it a few weeks ago. Today I turn it on and the machine will inly go back, right and down. The error I get when I try to go L, forward or up is Aborted- Limit Switch High Z. I guess this is what I get waiting for the last day to make this Father’s Day gift.

Any help would be appreciated. I did take the cover off the machine X, Y, Y2 and Z all have green lights. I don’t see anything burnt and no critters going across two points

turn it off and check connections
    James McGrew
    CAMaster ATC 508
    The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
    https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Hey Jim…. Figured you would be out on a boat somewhere. I unplugged the machine from the computer, on both ends and unplugged just about everything external that I saw. Nothing loose or frayed.

Comment

Nope boat last week, home in cool this week ! Not sure beyound that someone will chime in
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Another update. So I checked the power and both plugs have power. I tell the program to turn on the router and I here a click in the control box, but the Router still does not turn on

Comment

Check the E-Stop...I had "weirdness" the other day when I started my machine for the first time in awhile...and found that the E-stop switch had been inadvertently hit during other activities in the shop over time. Resetting the switch after turning off the machine and then restoring power fixed the issue.
            ---
            Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
            Festool "a good collection"
            Stubby - lathe
            Oneida Cyclone
            more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
            Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
            Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Also on the emergency stop button, cycle it a few times as sometimes it is sticky and needs to be cycled to actually reset. Also try this, once on my machine, after initializing, I had odd behavior like this. It turned out to be the calibration switch was stick in the down position causing the machine to act crazy. try lifting up the white puck and see if it was down.
              Existing:-2014 Cobra 5x10 ATC w/ 10 hp spindle, Mozaik, 25 hp Becker High Vacuum Pump, 5 HP Oneida DC-Central Texas
              New:-2014 Cobra 5x12 ATC w/ 10 hp spindle, pop up pins, phenolic top, lathe, vacuum relief valve, mister system, 25 HP Blower.

Comment

after the above, you may want to take a look at the limit switch associated with the spindle upward travel. not sure what machine (?) you have, but there should be a switch there somewhere that trips as the spindle reaches its upper limit. purchase an "electronic cleaner" spray and spray the switch as you repeatedly depress it. also, it would not hurt to clean all of the limit switches this way. you should see an led on the controller board turn on and off, as each switch is beeing activated. you can also look at your "input" window in WinCNC and see the same input being activated. you should also trace the wires connecting the sitches.
                Last edited by TimPa; 07-06-2022, 12:34 PM.
                Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
                6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
                near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S View Post
                  Also on the emergency stop button, cycle it a few times as sometimes it is sticky and needs to be cycled to actually reset. Also try this, once on my machine, after initializing, I had odd behavior like this. It turned out to be the calibration switch was stick in the down position causing the machine to act crazy. try lifting up the white puck and see if it was down.
                  Hey Doug thanks for the reply. So I have cycled the E-stop a dozen times and I still have the three red indicators on the screen. The 4 controllers, not sure if that is what they really are, they are marked with the Z, Y2, Y and X light never changes. Also on what I call the mother board also no lights change, only the one green one. Not sure where the calibration switch is located.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPa View Post
                    after the above, you may want to take a look at the limit switch associated with the spindle upward travel. not sure what machine (?) you have, but there should be a switch there somewhere that trips as the sipndle reaches its upper limit. purchase an "electronic cleaner" spray and spray the switch as you repeatedly depress it. also, it would not hurt to clean all of the limit switches this way. you should see an led on the controller board turn on and off, as each switch is beeing activated. you can also look at your "input" window in WinCNC and see the same input being activated. you should also trace the wires connecting the sitches.
                    So I have looked for some cleaner and no one has it around my little area. I think I’m just going to get it off Amazon. As I push any of the limit switches, nothing changes on anything on the board and also in win CNC
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Try removing all boxes (green and blue) by typing G92 and G49 on the command line. Turn the machine completely off, turn it back on and initialize. This may not fix the problem but it can't hurt anything. You will have to recalibrate the z-zero switch to the spoilboard.
                      Steve
                      Laser crosshair
                      Wireless Pendant
                      Aspire 11
                      Rhino 7
                      Fusion 360

Comment

Originally posted by Myshadowboxes View Post

So I have looked for some cleaner and no one has it around my little area. I think I’m just going to get it off Amazon. As I push any of the limit switches, nothing changes on anything on the board and also in win CNC
                        you might check auto parts store for electronic/electric cleaner.

were the 2 pics taken at the same time? the WinCNC screen shows red arrows on all axis, which indicates that all 3 axis are physically sitting at a limit. the arrow is active when the axis is against that limit switch. but, it appears that there are no led's illuminated on the control board (i assume those are a row of led's right below the "input" terminal strip).

so, not sure when the pics were taken. but, if the limit switches are not being activated, but the control board is sending info to WinCNC that they are activated, this might indicate that the control board is not processing data correctly.

i would recheck all of this, after a fresh power up/initialize. also check the inputs/outputs drop down menu for "active" inputs related to the limit switches.

have you placed a call with CAMaster tech support yet?
                        Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
                        6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
                        near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
                          Try removing all boxes (green and blue) by typing G92 and G49 on the command line. Turn the machine completely off, turn it back on and initialize. This may not fix the problem but it can't hurt anything. You will have to recalibrate the z-zero switch to the spoilboard.
                          Steve, I was really hoping that zeroing everything out was going to work but no go...

Comment

Originally posted by TimPa View Post

you might check auto parts store for electronic/electric cleaner.

were the 2 pics taken at the same time? the WinCNC screen shows red arrows on all axis, which indicates that all 3 axis are physically sitting at a limit. the arrow is active when the axis is against that limit switch. but, it appears that there are no led's illuminated on the control board (i assume those are a row of led's right below the "input" terminal strip).

so, not sure when the pics were taken. but, if the limit switches are not being activated, but the control board is sending info to WinCNC that they are activated, this might indicate that the control board is not processing data correctly.

i would recheck all of this, after a fresh power up/initialize. also check the inputs/outputs drop down menu for "active" inputs related to the limit switches.

have you placed a call with CAMaster tech support yet?
                            I actually did check the parts store this past weekend and they just sold their last can that morning. Go figure. I did order it from Amazon and it came in today. Tried spraying it on the contact and still no go.

Yes, both pictures were taken at the same time. Even though it says "Aborted Limit switch high Z, i figure that due to all axis will only go one way (Z goes down, X goes right, Y goes down the table) it's probably something other than the Z limit switch, but I know nothing on how these things work.

I also know nothing about input and output... first time looking at those. Here is the result...pics attached.

My CNC is a hobby and I work an hour from home so its hard to call support. Might try and get off early tomorrow.

I have had a Camaster for the past 14 years and have always found enough help here on CAMHeads and the help of Jim to fix any problem I have had...

Thanks for the reply and help

Anthony
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Anthony, communicate with Camaster support via email to setup an appointment for help at a specific time on a specific day so you can minimize impact on your work if you have to take time off. The email communication can start the ball rolling with a good description of the issues and might even refer to this thread for additional context.
                              ---
                              Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
                              Festool "a good collection"
                              Stubby - lathe
                              Oneida Cyclone
                              more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
                              Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
                              Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Working...
                              X