No announcement yet.

Spoil Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an approximate quarter inch low Z limit by default in the WinCNC configuration below the Z-zero which in this case would be the top of the material you are going to shave with the utility. That's to help protect the machine from a super deep plunge into the machine bed when the human running things screws up. :D When you lower the tool to the surface before starting the file running, it sets that as z-zero for the moment. No way to you want to be taking off that much... ;)
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

I think Mick's utility is great but I also think that a new Camaster machine owner should be able to surface their spoilboard by creating a simple pocketing toolpath in VCarve or Aspire.
      It's really the first thing you should figure out. The most difficult part might be remembering to change the raster angle to 90 degrees if your router table is longer in the Y direction than X.
      I like to take off .02" per pass. With my little Stinger 1 I use a small 1" diameter surfacing bit and I like to run the bit off the ends of the spoil board by 3/4" inch so it doesn't cause any burn marks when making the turns.
      Just my $0.02
      Pete
      ----------
      2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
      Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
      Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
      VCarve Pro 11.0
      www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Working...