Abort - Reset E-stop / Single vs 3 Phase Stinger II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abort - Reset E-stop / Single vs 3 Phase Stinger II

I’m the proud owner of a used stinger sr-34 that is probably over 5 years old.
    I can’t get wincnc to communicate with the router yet. I’m only getting “abort-reset e-stop.

I opened up the front enclosure to see “automation direct 230v 3ph.”
    Please say it ain’t so of a stinger II having 3 phase power.
    It’s a 2hp spindle and that would explain no power.

Otherwise any help is appreciated.
    Sorry for the newbie style post. I’ve been to Vectric training and thought I was stepping up with a camaster for my first machine and hope I don’t regret not confirming a smaller router with 3 phase requirements.

Andrew B
    Camaster Stinger II SR-34
    1.7kW spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Musclechuck

Best thing is for you to contact CAMaster tech support and see if you can figure out if it's really 3 phase or single phase.
    As for the "abort reset e-stop", try twisting the red e-stop buttom on the side of the control box until it pops out. It may have gotten pushed in in moving.
    Wes
    Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook
    Steel 5X10 Panther
    5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
    WinCNC
    VcarvePro 9.5
    15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum

Comment

I agree with you.
      Moderators you can delete this thread.
      I’ve had 3 phase confirmed, which is a new hurdle.
      Excited to get going, now with a VFD.
      Camaster Stinger II SR-34
      1.7kW spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Musclechuck

Comment

Um..m the spindles are 3 phase. (except for the one tiny 1.0kw option) That's how they work. But the power requirement from the wall is single phase unless you have a really big machine that has horsepower that requires industrial 3 phase power. The Stinger series use 4 wire 240v circuits from the wall when equipped with the size spindles they support. The VFD converts the single phase power to 3 phase to power the spindle. The rest of the controller is running on 120v power which is why a four wire circuit is required. Ask Camaster for the prep guide for your machine and spindle size.
        ---
        Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
        Festool "a good collection"
        Stubby - lathe
        Oneida Cyclone
        more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
        Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
        Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Yes, single phase into the frequency drive and the drive outputs 3 phase to the spindle. I always think that is cool magic.
          Charlie L
          Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
          WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Working...
          X