source for guideway bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • source for guideway bearings

I was greasing my cnc and one of grease fittings on x axis came out. need to replace the guideway bearing now. has part number on box that came with cnc of MSA25ESSFON but not coming up with a match on my searches. wondering where good place to buy.

thanks eugene
    panther 508 on order

Eugene,
    I don’t know the answer to your question but given it is a new machine be sure to talk with the factory. I suspect they install the grease zerk and they may have something to share about the process that could be helpful. Maybe you already have done that.
    Charlie L
    Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
    WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Would McMaster be of help for the Zerk? https://www.mcmaster.com/zerk/grease-fittings-7/
      Maybe delv'd by Friday maybe. Would you know of the size needed?

Comment

If there was a zerk, just try replacing it first. They are commonly available...you just need to know the threading size (4mm, 5mm, 6mm) I used some "headless" zerks I got from a popular USA "kit build" CNC vendor in a number of positions to make it easier to use the grease gun during maintenance...these were put on all the locations that never had zerks on my machine and replaced the allen head screws one for one for lubrication convenience.

If a position seems stripped...try chasing the threads before installing a new/replacement zerk.

Replacing the whole bearing unit is a royal pain in the you-know-what, so hopefully you can fix things without going that far. If you do need to replace the more major component, you'll need to identify which brand and model was used on your specific machine...Camaster's help will be needed for that most likely.
        Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-24-2021, 10:39 AM.
        ---
        Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
        Festool "a good collection"
        Stubby - lathe
        Oneida Cyclone
        more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
        Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
        Located Bucks County PA

Comment

not sure why my response disapered... the bearing end plate threads striped out. would rather replace bearing than try to make a bigger threaded grease fitting work.
          panther 508 on order

Comment

if the stripped hole in the end plate is the only issue... i may be out of line here, but. if you get the needle fitting for your grease gun, you can likely squirt grease into the bearing easy enough. then, you can thread most anything you can get into the stripped hole to keep the grease in and dirt out. then just remove it in the future to regrease. that has to be easier than replacing a bearing in my opinion!
            Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
            6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
            near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

well. i took the end off the bearing. i want to get new bearing because while on rail i took end off bearing. had a ball of a rime. i put back together but with a brand new cnc figure better to get new bearing than to have a bearing that might be missing a ball or 2...
              panther 508 on order

Comment

When you get yopur new bearing, keep the small insert tube you may need it in the future
                James McGrew
                CAMaster ATC 508
                The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
                https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Amazing how Springy little bearings are when released from captivty, i have had to do the crawl on the floor after them
                  James McGrew
                  CAMaster ATC 508
                  The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
                  https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

i bought 2 sets of bearings from camaster today. turns out the y has different bearing than x and z. so now back to wood killing again....
                    panther 508 on order

Comment

Working...
                    X