WinCNC problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WinCNC problems

New to CNC, during the spoiler board cut, the dust boot made contract with the lathe head. After removing the dust boot and restarting the cut file, WinCNC does not read the correct size of the bed. How can I reset WinCNC to read the I have a SR-24 with lathe? Thanks Dave

Just an update to this post, the feedback from WinCNC is 'soft limit exceeded Z+. dont know if this would help, but the red box in WinCNC window states it is 32 x 25. My cut file (blue) 48 x 25 which is equal to the spoiler board size. Thanks

Comment

Dave you can email Stephan of WinCNC and he will help you out. stephan@wincnc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crestviewdave View Post
        Just an update to this post, the feedback from WinCNC is 'soft limit exceeded Z+. dont know if this would help, but the red box in WinCNC window states it is 32 x 25. My cut file (blue) 48 x 25 which is equal to the spoiler board size. Thanks
        A Z limit error has nothing to do with your bed size. That's the vertical axis...the router/spindle. If you are using the popular macro-utility for conditioning your spoilboard, it's critical that you lower the tool to barely touch the spoilboard before you start the file running. If you are using your own file to do the deed, then you need to similarly be sure that your current Z-zero measurement isn't incorrect for what you want to accomplish and/or disable soft limits.
        ---
        Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
        Festool "a good collection"
        Stubby - lathe
        Oneida Cyclone
        more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
        Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
        Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Exactly what Jim said above.
          You have not specified what you are using in terms of a program to surface the spoil board - your own .tap file or Mick's program.
          Regardless, make sure you've initialized the machine first.
          Then make sure the .tap file you've loaded into WinCNC is setup to use the correct origin. Use the WinCNC preview option to see your toolpaths and exactly where they are in relation to your table.
          Finally, make sure to set your Z height correctly whether using your FTC, the touch plate, or Mick's program.
          I normally do not need to disable soft limits since I'm only taking between .01" and .02" per pass when surfacing.

Good luck.
          Last edited by gtgmarine; 07-31-2022, 05:31 PM. Reason: info
          Pete
          ----------
          2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
          Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
          Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
          VCarve Pro 11.0
          www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

Working...
          X