X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Error Message, Aborted- Limit Switch Low x

Hi all,
    I need help with a new problem.
    recently after a spoil-board resurface of my Stinger 3 machine i began receiving this message during cut jobs.
    I have reset my limits multiple times and may get one or more cuts before i get the error again.

also another question, if i have a cut job that has many parts in it and i get to some point say halfway through and i get the error message and the abort stop, is there a way to jump to that point so i dont have to wait through the whole first half of the job to get back to that point?

thanks, Ken.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

After you resurfaced, did you recalibrate for Z0 (table surface)
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Harvey G700 DC
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

It could be a bad limit switch or wiring to it. It could be a bad or loose cable from pc to controller. I could be loose wire inside the controller. It is telling you there is an issue with that switch, one way or another.
      You can pull up the input screen and watch the inputs while you press the switch to see a change. Do it with the z switch to know you are in the right place. Then wiggle wires while playing with the switch trying to find the issue.
      Re-seat the cable from pc to controller first.
      Fixing machines and making sawdust.
      SW side of Houston

Comment

Thanks, I spoke with tech support and we moved the x input wire to a new connection on the board and changed the .ini file ... we ran several test cuts and had no errors. fingers crossed.

no i am wondering about how to restart an aborted file at some pint in the middle of the file.

Comment

control-R, select the tap file, hit enter. But it hasn't always been successful for me. I've had weird/bad stuff happen. I normally just use that to see which line the abort was at, and make a copy of the tap file and manually remove cuts almost up to that line. I also move the head over the first cut position with a rapid move at g53z0.
          Gary
          2018 Stinger II SR-44 with GCnC WinCNC Backplane, ClearPath Servos, 3HP RM30C ATC CNCDepot Spindle, 16 Tool Carousel, Custom Automatic Height Dustboot, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
          Fusion 360
          Aspire

Comment

thanks gary, what does that mean about moving the head with a rapid move g530z?

Comment

g53z0 is the head/z-axis lifted to the absolute top position. You want to ensure you don’t crash into anything until you get to where you want to start cutting. You can then do G0 x<x position of next line> Y<y position of next line>
              Gary
              2018 Stinger II SR-44 with GCnC WinCNC Backplane, ClearPath Servos, 3HP RM30C ATC CNCDepot Spindle, 16 Tool Carousel, Custom Automatic Height Dustboot, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
              Fusion 360
              Aspire

Comment

That little curved arrow beside the green dot that you use to start a file will bring up the recently ran files and commands including unfinished files,
                select your unfinished file and it will tell you where it stopped . I usually back it up 5-10 lines to restart.
                2018 Cobra Elite ATC
                2 Becker VTLF 2.250 vacuum pumps
                Vcarve Pro

Comment

Working...
                X