Shop vac clamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stob82 View Post
    What vacuum system are you using and what's the smallest piece of material you can safely use without coming loose? I was going to drill another hole through the frame to accommodate another 2 inch pipe.
    I have the BlackBox Storm vacuum on mine. I have carved as small as 6x8"
    I cover all open areas on my bed with a plastic trash bag to "focus" the holding power.
    If I had to go smaller Id probably use the CA glue & tape trick...or vacuum pods. But so far Im good.
    Joe Garber
    Retired, Hobbyist
    Stinger 1 SR24
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    HSD 1.7kw Spindle
    Indexing Lathe
    WinCNC, Aspire 10.5, PhotoCarve
    Storm Vacuum
    drummerjg@icloud.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
    1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10

Comment

Now I'm ready cut grooves in my plenum using .25 ball nose and cutting about about .25 inches deep. The squares are approximately 1.5 inches. My concern is if .25 channels are enough for proper air flow or should i use .5 ball nose (don't have one yet)?

Comment

I'd probably use an end mill versus a ball nose for the groves. You'll have ~2.5 times as much volume in a flat bottomed grove of the same depth. Not to mention that end mills are cheaper to replace when you run one dull cutting plenum.
        4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
        Mister system
        Phenolic Vac table
        Hurricane Vac
        Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

.25 or .50 endmill? The reason I'm leaning towards .25 is because I recently scored like 80 feet or .25 round gasketing for free.

Comment

The 2.5x calc is based off .25 tooling but it should hold across any tooling that had the same diameter and is endmill versus ball nose
            4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
            Mister system
            Phenolic Vac table
            Hurricane Vac
            Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Rychlik View Post
              You can add mufflers to the black box, or build your own with mufflers. The key element is 14 dollar mufflers from amazon
              How much do the mufflers affect the performance? Does it hold down as well as without? How many dBs does it lessen the noise? Great idea and thanks in advance.
              Keith Hyde, Winchester, VA
              2016 Stinger 1, 1.7KW HF Spindle HSD
              Performance Package Pro, Vac, lathe, Aspire 10
              Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
              Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
              hyde.consulting@comcast.net

Comment

So do I go with.25 or .50 EM?

Comment

Working...
                X