South Bend dust collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • South Bend dust collector

Hi there guys, I’m patiently waiting for my new stinger 3 x3 and I’m trying to get my shop prepped for it. I’m needing a some what affordable dust collector. I’ve got my eye on a couple South Bend models. One is the sb1100, it is 2 hp single canister and the other is the sb1101 3hp dual canister. Has anyone here used any of these? They seem to be very similar to a bunch of other brands or there except they have a wireless key fob on/off switch that I think would be pretty nice. They also have a motor on the canister that knocks the dust out off the filter.
    What model would you recommend? Here’s my machine specs.
    Stinger 3 4x8, x3, recoil lathe, servo conversion, laser engraver, 5hp spindle, ftc.

Southbend is a Grizzly brand and the machines are based on existing products with some enhancements. Grizzly bought the brand a year or so ago and just started releasing products with the blue paint not all that long ago. Either one will do just fine with your CNC machine...you can only get about 400-500 CFM through a 4" hose anyway. That's all that can physically fit. ;)
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

How about if I add the Oneida mini gorilla to my choices. Would it be any better than the single canister south bend. Thanks for the response Jim

Comment

main thing i found with dust collector is grounding the hose.
        Last edited by eugene; 07-31-2021, 02:39 AM.
        panther 508 on order

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Avila View Post
          How about if I add the Oneida mini gorilla to my choices. Would it be any better than the single canister south bend. Thanks for the response Jim
          The Oneida product is excellent and should work well servicing the CNC as a dedicated dust collector. Easier to deal with the debris than with the single stage units, too.
          ---
          Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
          Festool "a good collection"
          Stubby - lathe
          Oneida Cyclone
          more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
          Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
          Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Working...
          X