Xbox controller and xpadder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xbox controller and xpadder

Stinger 1 sr24 owner. Any advice for using Xbox controller and xpadder as alternative to keyboard and mouse?

I have used a Rumble pad for 15 years, if it will bluetooth to control keyboard strokes !
    James McGrew
    CAMaster ATC 508
    The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
    https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

I've been really happy with the USB remote 20 button keypad.
      Actually I don't know how I could work without it. I never use the keyboard after I load the file into WinCNC
      The wireless unit that CAMaster sells would be even nicer I guess but the corded one works great.

Pete
      ----------
      2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
      Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
      Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
      VCarve Pro 11.0
      www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

Pete:
        Are there any videos out there that you know of showing this USB remote in action?
        Regards
        CNC newbie and US Army Vietnam vet

Stinger 1 SR-23,
        1.7 KW HSD Spindle,
        Performance Package Pro,
        USB,
        T-Slot table, (Y-axis configuration),
        WinCNC,
        VCarvePro,
        Aspire 11,
        7W Laser Engraver,

Comment

Oops, just found Gary Campbell's Youtube video entitled WinCNC Wireless Pendant on Ultimate Woodworking Machine

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhguEASCaSE) which I will review first thing tomorrow!

Stinger 1 SR-23,
          1.7 KW HSD Spindle,
          Performance Package Pro,
          USB,
          WinCNC,
          VCarvePro,
          Aspire 11,
          7W Laser Engraver,

Comment

I just reached out to Camaster and looking at ordering the wireless one. They reported it's currently $500, more than I thought it would be but think it would increase efficiency.

Comment

You might take a look at the WinCNC web site as I see that it is listed there for $400.

Stinger 1 SR-23,
              1.7 KW HSD Spindle,
              Performance Package Pro,
              USB,
              WinCNC,
              VCarvePro,
              Aspire 11,
              7W Laser Engraver,

Comment

I have both a 30 key KRS keypad and the wireless WinCNC remote. The keypad needs WinCNC to be the active window to work. The wireless remote will give feedback on x, y, and z positions on its display. WinCNC does not have to be active for it to work. Its jog capability is just ok. You need to turn a switch to set the active axis. WinCNC will have to enable the wireless keypad feature for you. That may cost extra.
                Gary
                2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
                Fusion 360
                Aspire

Comment

Originally posted by DVE2000 View Post
                  IThe wireless remote will give feedback on x, y, and z positions on its display. WinCNC does not have to be active for it to work.
                  This right here is the singular attraction to me relative to the wireless remote. Too many times I've "nudged" a line in the Vectric software accidentally when not noticing that the WinCNC window wasn't active when touching the 20 key remote.
                  ---
                  Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
                  Festool "a good collection"
                  Stubby - lathe
                  Oneida Cyclone
                  more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
                  Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
                  Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Becker View Post

This right here is the singular attraction to me relative to the wireless remote. Too many times I've "nudged" a line in the Vectric software accidentally when not noticing that the WinCNC window wasn't active when touching the 20 key remote.
                    Yeah, that was exactly my motivation for buying the remote. I think the actual wired version from WinCNC would be better. I believe it has buttons. Using that dial to do the nudges is kind of iffy. It's not like one click on the dial does one of the moves. It's multiple clicks, so you have to spin it some undetermined amount per jog/move.
                    Gary
                    2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
                    Fusion 360
                    Aspire

Comment

Working...
                    X