Mister Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Question

I have a Stinger 1 and running Vcarve Pro 11 and WinCNC. I also have the mister system for cutting aluminum. I also have the FTC option. I'm having the problem that if I turn the mister on manually prior to running the file, it shuts off as soon as the file starts to go. Once the file is running, I can't start the mister manually anymore. I'm wondering if there are G codes that I can insert to start and stop codes for the mister in the .tap file?

Originally posted by DaV8or View Post
    I have a Stinger 1 and running Vcarve Pro 11 and WinCNC. I also have the mister system for cutting aluminum. I also have the FTC option. I'm having the problem that if I turn the mister on manually prior to running the file, it shuts off as soon as the file starts to go. Once the file is running, I can't start the mister manually anymore. I'm wondering if there are G codes that I can insert to start and stop codes for the mister in the .tap file?
    There are M11 and M12 commands that assert or de-assert outputs. You can use the view outputs option and see which output is toggled and off for the mister. There will be an auxout= setting in WINCNC.INI that'll probably even have a comment for the signal that's used for the mister. Let's say it's C5. You'll have to make sure that your macros that turn the spindle on or off don't have M12 C5 in their arguments. For example, when my spindle is turned on, there's a M12C1C2C3 line in it. The M11 command is then used to turn the spindle on.

The spindle(s)_off.mac command is interesting. For safety, the spindle is always turned off before doing things in the post processor, so you probably don't want the mister turned off there. There would probably be an M12 C5 using my example. You'd probably want to remove the C5 there too.

To automatically turn the mister on or off, I'd modify the single and toolchange posts to use the M11 and M12 commands after the M3 and M5 commands which turn the spindle on and off. If you look in CNC.MAC, you'll see the actual macros that are assigned to the M3/M5 commands.

Hope this helps.
    Gary
    2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
    Fusion 360
    Aspire

Comment

Thanks! I think this does help. I'll look those up.

Comment

Working...
      X