Vectric - V11 Released today, 21 July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vectric - V11 Released today, 21 July 2021

Vectric has released V11 today. You can obtain it from the Vectric portal after you log in. If you are entitled to a free download because you are within the time frame since your last upgrade/purchase, you'll be able to get it directly. If your license requires paying the upgrade fee, you'll be advised and can process the transaction prior to downloading.

There are a number of very useful enhancements to the software. Vectric has been teasing them on social media as well as in the Vectric forums.
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

good timing. should have new cnc in week and half..
    panther 508 on order

Comment

Originally posted by eugene View Post
      good timing. should have new cnc in week and half..
      Yes, once you have your v10.5 license and you set yourself up on the Vectric portal, you can then get the V11 download for the software and the additional goodies for whichever application you chose.
      ---
      Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
      Stubby - lathe
      Oneida Cyclone
      more...

Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
      Located Bucks County PA

Comment

When I open my Aspire 10.5 it displays version 11 available but when I click on it and go to the portal I have to pay $400.00 which makes no sense to me. I have never in all my many years of computing owned a software program that sent me a notice for an upgrade that I had to pay additional monies that I can remember. Albeit I am almost at the 75 year mark so maybe I forgot but I would rather not have the notice only to waste time to find out I have to pay. Maybe they assume that we will all want it? At this time I don't see anything in it that I would be willing to pay. For those that have been using 10.5 and upgrade to 11 please share with the rest of us your thoughts both good and bad please.
        Keith Hyde, Winchester, VA
        2016 Stinger 1, 1.7KW HF Spindle HSD
        Performance Package Pro, Vac, lathe, Aspire 10
        Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
        Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
        hyde.consulting@comcast.net

Comment

Keith, if it's been more than a year since you upgraded or bought v10, the upgrade charge to v11 for Aspire is $400. (there are similar, but lower fees for other V11 application upgades) If it's less than a year, it's free. It's been that way for years. In the past, before they went to virtualized licensing with the portal, they didn't have a clean way to offer an upgrade via the application UI. (the note up on the corner in the same place that incremental upgrade availability has been noted since V10 was released. (Maybe even c9/5...I don't recall)

You are not required to upgrade and can ignore the notice at the top of the window if the feature in the new version are not something you want or need or if you don't prefer to pay for the upgrade at the present time. Again, this isn't something new with Vectric. It's been this way for years.

Vectric has released video coverage of the various new/updated features for v11 on social media as well as on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=624YUws7rb4 There is also discussion in the Vectric forums that's been positive.
          Last edited by Jim Becker; 07-22-2021, 08:35 PM.
          ---
          Jim Becker

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
          Stubby - lathe
          Oneida Cyclone
          more...

Located Bucks County PA

Comment

i like to skip few years between upgrades but do lot of 3d. upgraded tonight from 10.5 to 11 and liking the new fetures in 3d toolpathing..
            panther 508 on order

Comment

Eugene, If you like 3d the restmachining feature will be worth all the marbles, We used to have to go find and create vectors around certain areas and it was Time consuming. I think you will like the detail this produces Jim
              James McGrew
              CAMaster ATC 508
              The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
              https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

That's true, Jim. There is also a similar improvement to multi-tool pocketing tool paths, too, that should improve machining speeds. They are still missing something akin to "adaptive pocketing", but maybe we'll get that someday...
                ---
                Jim Becker

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
                Stubby - lathe
                Oneida Cyclone
                more...

Located Bucks County PA

Comment

In case anyone is interested the upgrade cost on the Vcarve side is $175 if going from 10.5 to 11. I haven't made the jump yet but I may at some point to get the benefits from the pocketing and vcarve toolpath enhancements. The selected vector resizing would also be great when dealing with some of my products that slot together.

If they throw in a discount or free clipart bundle like last time I'm in...
                  4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
                  Mister system
                  Phenolic Vac table
                  Hurricane Vac
                  Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

Logan, that price applies to upgrade from versions earlier than v10.5, too. Example, you own v8...you can upgrade to v11 for the same cost.
                    ---
                    Jim Becker

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
                    Stubby - lathe
                    Oneida Cyclone
                    more...

Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Working...
                    X