Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • long time listener, first time caller

Hello everyone!

I've been a professional woodworker for about 20 years, mostly furniture and custom artwork pieces, but have only rarely used a CNC machine. The makerspace I work for just got a Stinger I and put me in charge of making it go. So far, I've managed to turn it on and jog the head around and that puts me ahead of anyone else working here! Now I just need to stay at least one step ahead of them and I'll be set!

Welcome.
    I’d suggest carving your name and favorite title, like The Master, on a board using a 90 degree v-bit.
    Charlie L
    Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
    WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Welcome!

The key to moving forward is learning the Vectric software so you can draw and create the cutting files. There are excellent tutorials available online from the Vectric site as well as on their channel on YouTube.
      ---
      Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
      Festool "a good collection"
      Stubby - lathe
      Oneida Cyclone
      more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
      Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
      Located Bucks County PA

Comment

YouTube University is your friend. Lots of Vectric videos on Vcarve Pro CAM software (if that's what you have). There's also lots of tips and tricks videos on operating the machine.
        Wes
        Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook
        Steel 5X10 Panther
        5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
        WinCNC
        VcarvePro 9.5
        15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum

Comment

Working...
        X