Machine storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Machine storage

Hello, I have a new Stinger2 4x4 that I bought last year and was shipped last Aug. Our family had to move to Italy due to the military. The machine was shipped directly to a storage site were the rest of our household goods are being held, every thing is inside in a heated warehouse. I have not even seen the shipping crate. The question I have is there any issues with the machine going into storage directly from CAMaster? Its looking like we may have a other 12 months here, going crazy thinking about a new machine sitting in storage never having laid eyes on it, hoping there will be no issues with it once I finally get to open the crate up. Any and all input would be great.

I doubt there will be any problems with the unit being in storage for the duration, especially fully crated. There really isn't any exposed steel, etc., and the ("Yuge") crate will fully protect it physically.

Stay safe!
    ---
    Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
    Festool "a good collection"
    Stubby - lathe
    Oneida Cyclone
    more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
    Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
    Located Bucks County PA

Comment

personnally i would notify CAMaster of this. especially if the warranty will expire during the storage period. two risks i see. one if there is anything wong with the unit, it will be that much later that it will reported to the factory and repaired. And second, your free set-up introduction phone call (extremely worthwhile) will be delayed until you get ready for it. again, reasons to let them know.

they may also have suggestions for you, don't know...
      Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
      6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
      near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

On another note I was stationed at US Sixth fleet in Geata Italy for three years, running with an Admiral saw 180 mediteranian citys in basically all coastal countrys except Albania (it was still the cold war. Best friggin duty of my life !

I stayed as a civilian doing UC work and working on Yachts another 2 years. Have fun man ! when you get ready we will help with the machine. see all you can see and take a lot of photos, take some photos of the guys you served with this will matter 25 years from now. Oh and stay in and get the retirement
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Called Camaster, the one year warranty on the machine started on the date it was delivered to the storage company. Like Jim stated it should be fine sitting there fully packed and rapped in its crate from the factory. Looking forward to departing Vicenza here in Northern Italy with the 173rd ABN and start making chips, and making the wife mad due to spending long hours in the shop. Thank you all for the info!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised that they wouldn't hold off since you are being deployed. Will they not accept your papers.

Comment

Warranty clocks starts on delivery date, no issue with any tech support. Hopefully it will not have any issues once I finally be back to the states. Keeping fingers crossed that it was packed up properly. Have not seen a post about machines arriving to owners with damaged stuff, only one YouTuber having some complaints about a few items being paced in used boxes during his review of a new machine just delivered.. So just have to wait and see..

Comment

I have a question:

Is the 4x4 in an actual crate? i was told my stinger 3 4x8 would come "shrink wrapped" on a pallet. Like they shrink wrap powerboats.

Clint
                Clint Darby
                Westminster, Maryland

SR-48 Stinger 3
                3.0 Kw HSD Spindle
                VP Hurricane Vacuum System

Comment

My Stinger II came in a very large crate, Clint.
                  ---
                  Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
                  Festool "a good collection"
                  Stubby - lathe
                  Oneida Cyclone
                  more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
                  Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
                  Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Hello, I have no idea. Made the purchase of the machine, came down on orders for Italy, it was shipped directly to storage from the factory. I am guessing it's in a crate.

Comment

You shouldn't have any issues with it sitting. Mine I bought from a guy who purchased it and had it delivered to a storage facility in a crate. It sat for 2 years before he decided to unload it. Once I had it shipped to my place and plugged it in, everything worked like it was brand new.
                      4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
                      Mister system
                      Phenolic Vac table
                      Hurricane Vac
                      Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

Glad to here that, thank you for the info! Having fits thinking about that new stinger2 sitting in storage when I would be making chips. When I finally get it up and running the wife is going to think I ran away from home!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X