Latest casket designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Latest casket designs

Here are some of the latest casket designs, that I have been making. The first photo is a blue pine casket. I found a lumber source that has the bluest pine that I have ever seen. It makes really nice caskets.

The second photo is a custom order casket. The corners are rounded instead of sharp. And the grain goes horizontal, instead of vertical. It makes the wood grain wrap around the sides.

The third photo is a Lancashire casket. Done in blue pine. I got my hands on a 1800's undertakers book, that had the drawings for this type of casket. In the book it describes how to make a shape of the casket. Which was done by making a fire and pulling the sides together, with clamps. I find it easier and safer,to just CNC some 1/8" slots into 14" wide pine boards, to make the sides bend.
    Attached Files
    Proud owner of a Camaster Cobra 410
    WinCNC
    Epilog Helix laser engraver
    Corel X8 Autosketch 9 Aspire 9.5

"The escalator to sucsess is out of order.... you will need to take the stairs."

Nice use of blue pine.
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop

Comment

Very neat! I love the variety of your work Robert. From derby tracks to coffins. I am impressed. Although my mind is still curios about the caskets and how you got into that business.... Thanks for sharing, and inspiring!

Comment

Robert ... I'm serious .... I want to spend eternity in one of those like the first picture.

Save me some of that blue pine. Can you make it fire-proof ? I'm pretty sure I'm going where it's pretty hot, if for nothing else, lying to my CNC about what bit is in there.

I'm not sick yet ( well, not THAT kind of sick LOL) but someday.

I would have bought a pair already if we had a place to store them. The wife & former sweetheart won't let me stack'm & use them for bunk beds for when the twins visit. I thought it was a hell of an idea .....
        TR
        www.trmacsigns.com
        CAMaster MC4836 named Jemima
        Aspire 3.5
        Mach3
        CoreldrawX3

Comment

TR,

I've been told that you could use the casket as a bookshelf until you need it. Simple stand vertical in your library. Install the shelves. And use it for years. Then when the time comes, they take out the shelving and put you in, put on the lid, and you are ready for that last truck ride.

Charlie L
          Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
          WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

TR Now that was Funny !
            James McGrew
            CAMaster ATC 508
            The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
            https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Nice looking work. Have you been riding your wooden bent?
              David Warkentin

Panther 4x8
              FTC
              Laser cross hairs
              Recoil
              Aspire
              Hurricane

Sold-
              Stinger I

What a load of fun!!!
              www.bodkacoffee.com

Comment

Originally posted by Obxwoody View Post
                Very neat! I love the variety of your work Robert. From derby tracks to coffins. I am impressed. Although my mind is still curios about the caskets and how you got into that business.... Thanks for sharing, and inspiring!
                I originally got a CAMaster X2 to do decorative graining in metal 4 by 10 foot sheets. But I was unable to get business for that line of work with the economy going bad on 2009.

So I turned to making wood products. I made various wood products with limited success. Then I came across a article about someone making hand crafted caskets. I made a few, and they sold fast. So I continued making them. Redesigning them with each batch of caskets. Until I made a casket that could be made within 24 working hours. I use the Camaster and Aspire for making a number of custom designs that go on the lid. I just did one for a family of a military man who liked eagles.

I just had a idea for a casket for T.R. if your reading. I can V-carve the top to look like a bottle of Scotch whiskey.
                WinCNC

"The escalator to sucsess is out of order.... you will need to take the stairs."

Comment

LOL Robert .... that's awesome.
                  I'm told they won't cremate me .....with all that alcohol in my system, they're afraid of an explosion ....
                  TR
                  www.trmacsigns.com
                  CAMaster MC4836 named Jemima
                  Aspire 3.5
                  Mach3
                  CoreldrawX3

Comment

Yall ar.making.me laugh
                    James McGrew
                    CAMaster ATC 508
                    The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
                    https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Originally posted by David Warkentin View Post
                      Nice looking work. Have you been riding your wooden bent?
                      Sorry I missed your post and question. I haven't ridden the wood bike too much. Mostly quick rides in the neighborhood. I'm just tooooo spoiled riding the coroplast velomobile I built. Version coroplast velomobile #10 is programed and ready to cut out... when I can find the time.
                      WinCNC

Comment

Cool! I bought a Vendetta but haven't ridden it much. I also bought a Quest and it just sits too...
                        David Warkentin

Panther 4x8
                        FTC
                        Laser cross hairs
                        Recoil
                        Aspire
                        Hurricane

Sold-
                        Stinger I

What a load of fun!!!
                        www.bodkacoffee.com

Comment

Nice work there Robert. It's shame they only get seen by a few people for a short time. What percent of the construction time do you use the cnc for these one time use pieces of furniture. Do you also do the fabric interiors?
                          Brian O

stinger III x3

vcarve pro

Comment

Originally posted by Brian O View Post
                            Nice work there Robert. It's shame they only get seen by a few people for a short time. What percent of the construction time do you use the cnc for these one time use pieces of furniture. Do you also do the fabric interiors?
                            I have what I call Camaster days, for CNC work. I cut out the sides, ends and bottom parts, for 8 caskets in about 5 hours. Not counting the lids. One lid takes about 3 hours assembly, then the glue drying time, and only 70 minutes CNC cutting time. Right now I've been doing more work with solid pine boards instead of veneer pine boards. So there's more handwork involved. CNC cutting is only a small part of the build time. But without it (CNC) the build time .... would be quite... a bit longer.
                            WinCNC

Comment

Working...
                            X