Shasta trailer copy from 1961 model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shasta trailer copy from 1961 model.

It's been awhile since I have posted. Still building caskets. Nothing new. But I built this for my daughter's food business start up. They wanted something that would make their business stand out. So I started thinking about making a old retro type trailer. I found a photo of a 1961 Shasta Areoflyte, and started designing.

I've done a few smaller trailers before, so not much different... except for the size. This trailer is 12 ft long, 7 ft wide, and 6 1/2 ft tall. I cut out panels and parts on the Camaster to fit like a big puzzle. And 3 months later done.
    Attached Files
    Proud owner of a Camaster Cobra 410
    WinCNC
    Epilog Helix laser engraver
    Corel X8 Autosketch 9 Aspire 9.5

"The escalator to sucsess is out of order.... you will need to take the stairs."

It will stand out. Very cool. Excellent work. Fun to see something different.
    Charlie L
    Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
    WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Very Cool !
      James McGrew
      CAMaster ATC 508
      The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
      https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Awesome ....
        Don't be such a stranger. I had a heart attack in February & the wife couldn't find your number. LOL
        TR
        www.trmacsigns.com
        CAMaster MC4836 named Jemima
        Aspire 3.5
        Mach3
        CoreldrawX3

Comment

Dang! That is nice and so perfect for the purpose, too!
          ---
          Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
          Festool "a good collection"
          Stubby - lathe
          Oneida Cyclone
          more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
          Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
          Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Originally posted by T.R.MacMunn View Post
            Awesome ....
            Don't be such a stranger. I had a heart attack in February & the wife couldn't find your number. LOL
            Sorry about that.
            And your heart attack. I've been building a few casket kits for folks who want to build their own simple casket. A lot less expensive to ship.
            Attached Files
            WinCNC

"The escalator to sucsess is out of order.... you will need to take the stairs."

Comment

Robert,
              I'll take a kit. Just ship it a week or two before I need it.
              Charlie L
              Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
              WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Very Nice work Robert. If things ever get slow for you maybe you should grab some of that "Booming" tiny house market. That trailer looks way better then something like this. https://tinyhouselistings.com/listin...-bunk-bed-8x19
                I cut it again and it is still too short.
                Mike Snow
                Future CAMaster owner

Comment

Originally posted by msnowman View Post
                  Very Nice work Robert. If things ever get slow for you maybe you should grab some of that "Booming" tiny house market. That trailer looks way better then something like this. https://tinyhouselistings.com/listin...-bunk-bed-8x19
                  If the state of Utah decides to allow small backyard mother in law housing and smaller homes, to help with sky high housing costs. Tiny homes could be a lucrative business. You should go to City Creek mall in Salt Lake city. There is a $120,000 tiny home model on display.
                  WinCNC

Comment

Marketing Thought

Robert ...here's a marketing idea for you.

The "dead pet" industry is huge. There's a pet crematory (or three) near here and they do a booming business. People care a LOT about their companion animals. Some are "shipped direct" from the vet clinic (probably after a night or two in a deep freeze), but many are carefully wrapped and lovingly delivered by the owners (I've done both). Being located in a rural area about 40 miles from downtown San Antonio, there's a lot of "land" around here and many are buried "at home" without cremation.

Decades ago, as our two "original cats" were entering their teen years, I built a pair of caskets "pre-need" from a left-over bundle of cedar shingles (glued in alternate directions to produce "square" material). Simple, but there was a satisfaction in "doing it myself with hand tools". I stored them in the rafters of the garage until they were needed.

Take your "casket kit" and scale the whole thing down to a few different sizes of the exact same thing for "Rover" (in various sizes). You could do "the same thing" with your regular casket business if you aren't doing that already.

Comment

Working...
                    X