Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinger 1 showing Error - Boundary Exceeded (Z-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinger 1 showing Error - Boundary Exceeded (Z-)

I just purchased a replacement for my Stinger that served faithfully for about 12 years. I also just upgraded to Aspire 11. I unpacked my machine and it operates manually fine. (with the exception of a laser malfunctioning). I created the tool paths with the recommended post processor that I copied directly from Vectric's Software. I have set the Z both manually and with a touch plate and tried running the cut file. The router turns on and lifts as it is supposed to then it stops showing that there is a Boundary Exceeded (Z-) error. The router continues to run and I cannot escape out of the file and use Win CNC to turn the router off.

I'm not a novice but by no means am I a software expert but I'm perplexed. I called support and unfortunately couldn't connect to the internet because I didn't have a Wifi adapter. I fixed that problem but live in Alaska where there is a 4 hour time change for Tech Support. Tech support confirmed the tool paths and post processor were correct. (I save them to a thumb drive and take them to my shop)

I've exhausted all things within my knowledge base and really need to complete this job for a client. I waited 12 weeks for the machine and 3 weeks for shipping... yes, I'm trying not to be impatient...........

Reading the manual which as always is the last resort only left me with the idea that it could be a configuration issue. The manual states that D/A configuration isn't an option for the Stinger line and that is selected in my software. I tried to select THC Configuration and I'm not allowed.

Attached are some photo's of the errors. I am hoping someone can help. Thank you, Ron
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Ron,
    I've much like you as far as experience is concerned so I'm not sure if anything here will help you?

My Stinger II uses older WinCNC software. However, I only have shown in the Configuration window a grayed out D/A line. I don't show the THC line at all. In my WinCNC.ini file neither the THC or the D/A commands are mentioned. So, maybe that really doesn't matter in your case? Unless you maybe bought the laser option for engraving?

Looking at your screens it looks like you must have a design with the top of the board being the z zero. Is that correct? Otherwise, you should not have a green box next to Z on the screen.

I'd find the lines in the TAP file where the error occurs. I'd move the router over the edge of the machine so the z motion doesn't hit the table top. Then I would manually type in the command value for the Z shown in the TAP file where the error is occurring and see what happens. Obviously, ready to hit the space bar immediately if needed to pause.
    Charlie L
    Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
    WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Charlie,
      Thank you for the view and suggestions. Yes, I am setting the Z right at the top of my material. I tried both with the touch pad and manually. The machine stops anywhere from .8 to .2 of an inch above the material and stops. The error happens before the bit touches the material. I'm not sure if the DA is the issue that is the only thing I could find. I didn't buy the laser option only the cross hairs. I'm afraid to start a cut without being able to abort on the keyboard.

Comment

What does the tap file read where the error occurs? Can you post a few lines before and after the error line?
        Charlie L

Comment

Any chance that you set the Z reference (z zero) to the bottom of material in the design software?
          Gary Campbell
          Servo Control Upgrades
          GCnC411@gmail.com
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"

Comment

No, it's on the surface.

Comment

Charlie,
              It doesn't even start the file. When I sent the file to Camaster they said it ran fine.

Comment

Ron,
                I'd copy the file from the USB storage device to the computer and try running it from the computer hard disk.
                Charlie L

Comment

Charlie,
                  Tried that just now. No luck. It shows no feed rate. Here is the picture of Wincnc.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If it helps I copied my bits over from the older version of aspire.

Comment

Post some of the tap file.
                      Or, try a simple tap file and design. Like just a square.
                      Charlie L

Comment

I tried a circle cut out and it does the same.

Comment

Ron, did you try using the bed as Z0? It is a long shot but easy to do. If this is a new machine then Camaster needs to fix, get them to fly someone to you if necessary. I am sure Luke would love to go to Alaska and there is always some animal to hunt as a bonus. FWIW
                          Keith Hyde, Winchester, VA
                          2016 Stinger 1, 1.7KW HF Spindle HSD
                          Performance Package Pro, Vac, lathe, Aspire 10
                          Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
                          Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
                          hyde.consulting@comcast.net

Comment

Funny. Joey came up about 10 years ago :-).

Update. I had Stephan with WinCNC and Michael on team viewer. Michael must have the magic touch. He ran the same file and it worked. Neither were sure why it didn't work but hearing the machine running and dust collector going is music to my ear. Happy this project will get delivered before the Airforce hits my house with an F-22.

Thanks to all that looked and tried to help.
                            Ron

Comment

Ron, great to here. Any chance you can give a guess description of what needed to change? Would help educate me a little.
                              Charlie L

Comment

Working...
                              X