Corian Supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corian Supplier

Where can I find pieces of corian solid surface? I need a supply of white for a couple of projects and I can't locate it in Kansas City.
    "If it was easy anyone could do it!"

Jim Williams, CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

To get the Corian brand, you have to undergo a training course... you just can't buy it from suppliers unless you're certified. There are many other brands out that do not require certification, google "solid surface brands" and you'll find various companies that make it and then you can contact them for local suppliers.
    Bruce Jeansonne
    decorativecabinets@comcast.net
    CAMaster Panther 508
    Laser Engraver
    Hurricane Vacuum
    WinCNC and VCarve Pro
    https://www.facebook.com/decorativecabinets/

Comment

Originally posted by Jimwill52 View Post
      Where can I find pieces of corian solid surface? I need a supply of white for a couple of projects and I can't locate it in Kansas City.
      I have been quite successful finding pieces of Corian on Craigs List or FB Marketplace as well at cabinet shops that use it...often have sink cut outs etc.
      Pappybaynes
      Stinger 1
      1.7KW Spindle
      Performance Option
      Aspire 11.5

Comment

There is a program that allows non-kitchen fabricators to buy Corian brand solid surface from whomever is the local Dupont Corian distributor...I signed up for that a few years ago when I had the business to be able to buy material for signs, etc. It also saves you from the required training that normal Corian buyers must take to be able to purchase the material. Check with the manufacturer to find the local distributor(s) for your area and contact them directly. Some may not be interested in the trade; others will embrace it. I was fortunate that a (now forumer) local Corian distributor was aware of the program and willing to set up an account for me.

Other sources are local fabricators who often will sell offcuts and sink cutouts to individuals for hobby use, etc.
        ---
        Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
        Festool "a good collection"
        Stubby - lathe
        Harvey G700 DC
        more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
        Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
        Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I was able to locate a countertop tearout and bought enough to hold me for a while. No luck with local cabinet shops.
          "If it was easy anyone could do it!"

Jim Williams, CaMaster Stinger w/recoil, FTC

Comment

I buy Corian, Hi-Macs, and Avonite from SolidSurface.com for my projects.
            They also sell the adhesives, etc.
            They sell to homeowners and DIY guys.
            Huge selection of cutoff sizes- small to large and crazy array of colors and materials.
            Last edited by gtgmarine; 06-03-2024, 03:08 PM. Reason: added info
            Pete
            ----------
            2021 Stinger I SR-24, 1kW Spindle
            Performance Pkg w/Gantry Lift, FTC
            Phenolic Top, Storm Vac, JTech Laser
            VCarve Pro 11.0
            www.gotoguysmarine.com

Comment

You can get free cutoffs from your local countertop installer. They can give you the cutoffs but are not supposed to sell them.
              Stinger II SR44 with servos
              Recoil Prep
              3KW spindle
              7 Watt Laser
              Pro Option Pack
              Hand Held Keypad
              T-Slot Table with Hurricane Vacuum.
              Aspire 10.5
              WinCnc

Comment

Working...
              X