Repeat job function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Repeat job function

Is there a way to tell WINCNC to run the last job? I have hundreds of the same file to run and found it a pain to load the job for each time I run them.
    I see the Restart arrow, but isn't that for restarting an interrupted job? I want to just rerun the same previous job multiple times.
    Thank you
    Todd
    Todd May
    MK-Tek Holsters
    www.mk-tekholsters.com
    Stinger 1

Try hitting the Tab key and it will bring up the last job you ran.
    Stinger 1
    2.2 KW spindle
    WinCNC
    V-CarvePro, Fusion 360
    FTC

Comment

TAB then ENTER will repeat the last job. As soon as you hit enter it will start.
      Ed Hazel

508 Cobra ATC 15 Tools

Comment

When I have hundreds of the same little job, and I don't want the spindle to turn off and then on again each time, I just copy the actual part of the .tap file I want repeated, add a G53Z and a XY location that I want the spindle to move to while I change parts, and a G4 at the end of that copied section (will make it pause until I press 'enter', and paste it many times. This way I just change the part and hit enter and the spindle immediately moves to the start position and cuts the next part, then 'parks' where I told it to until I press enter again.

It takes a bit of editing, but saves A LOT of time on long production runs. I will paste about 50 times, and just restart the file when I run out of 'runs'.

Also make sure you don't have a M5 anywhere that will turn off your spindle! And make sure your spindle 'parks' in a safe place where you won't accidentally get cut while changing parts.

Actually this probably isn't a safe thing to do, but it sure saves time!!!
        Russell Crawford
        Cobra 408 ATC with recoil
        Alberta, Canada
        www.cherryleaf-rustle.com

Comment

Thanks all. i found under Options, Auto Repeat. Just hit enter and worked great. 500 parts done.
          Thank you
          Todd
          Todd May
          MK-Tek Holsters
          www.mk-tekholsters.com
          Stinger 1

Comment

You might try editing the tap file as suggested to move and control the spindle on and off in a fashion you prefer. Sounds like it would work well for your auto repeat too.
            Charlie L
            Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
            WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

It can be a real hassle, especially when you've got hundreds of files to run.
              So, about that Restart arrow you mentioned. It's not just for restarting interrupted jobs—it's actually your ticket to rerunning the same previous job multiple times. All you gotta do is give that arrow a click, and you're set! No more reloading the job each time.
              Oh, and speaking of making life easier, I've got a suggestion for you. If you're still on the lookout for handy WINCNC tips, you should definitely check out Sarkari Result 10+2 Latest Job. They've got some great stuff that might just make your CNC adventures a whole lot smoother.
              Last edited by IsraelHarper; 05-02-2024, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X