Are flags played out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Are flags played out?

I received a call Friday afternoon, with a request for a wavy flag, but with a specific image.
    I submitted the rendering yesterday, and received the confirmation this morning for approval.
    I'll work on it this coming week, and will have it finished by the weekend for delivery.

I like it! Cant wait to see the finished project.
    Joe Garber
    Retired, Hobbyist
    Stinger 1 SR24
    FTC
    Laser Pointer
    HSD 1.7kw Spindle
    Indexing Lathe
    WinCNC, Aspire 10.5, PhotoCarve
    Storm Vacuum
    drummerjg@icloud.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
    1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjg View Post
      I like it! Cant wait to see the finished project.
      Thank you.

I must be doing something wrong. There have been 68 views, and only one comment.
      Even if you don't like it, I would still appreciate feedback. That's the only way to improve.

Comment

I think it looks great yet the real critique is in the product not the file !
        James McGrew
        CAMaster ATC 508
        The principle of Measure twice cut once has not been replaced by a CNC

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
        https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020

Comment

Okay.
          I like the design but always struggle when other stuff is on the flag. I don’t like that part but the woodworking design looks great.
          Charlie L
          Stinger II, 48 by 48, 1.7 kW Spindle, FTC + Laser + Recoil + Vacuum, July 2012
          WinCNC 2.5.03, Aspire, PhotoVCarve, Windows 7 Pro SP1

Comment

Originally posted by james mcgrew View Post
            I think it looks great yet the real critique is in the product not the file !
            I can understand that perspective. Of course, the product starts with the file, and if the file isn't appealing, then the product shouldn't progress until the necessary modifications are made.
            We all realize, that the file is going to be perfect, as it's created by a computer, and it will preview in that manner. However, it's the operator, that's brings the file to fruition, and can potentially become fubar, at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_L View Post
              Okay.
              I like the design but always struggle when other stuff is on the flag. I don’t like that part but the woodworking design looks great.
              I appreciate your opinion. It seems that these type of flags, are what customers are asking for. I've added just about everything to the US flag, as requested by customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Studio417 View Post

Thank you.

I must be doing something wrong. There have been 68 views, and only one comment.
                Even if you don't like it, I would still appreciate feedback. That's the only way to improve.

Nah...you aren't doing anything wrong. Lots of folks here on the forum just take a look-see to see what others are doing. I would suggest that if you want feedback just say so in your post.
                Folks will be happy to chime in and always in a constructive, informative manner. Its what I love about the forum and the folks on it.
                Joe Garber
                Retired, Hobbyist
                Stinger 1 SR24
                FTC
                Laser Pointer
                HSD 1.7kw Spindle
                Indexing Lathe
                WinCNC, Aspire 10.5, PhotoCarve
                Storm Vacuum
                drummerjg@icloud.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
                1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10

Comment

I like the design and would like to see the finished result.
                  Dan

Comment

Cool. Give us a little more info. Size? Cut time?
                    Wes
                    Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook
                    Steel 5X10 Panther
                    5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
                    WinCNC
                    VcarvePro 9.5
                    15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum

Comment

design is cool can't wait to see the finished product.
                      Joe Alcathie
                      Stinger II 4x4
                      Wincnc
                      Aspire 3.5
                      Halainc1@gmail.com

Comment

Studio 417 ..... don't be disheartened by lack of replies. I generally don't comment on stuff that I know nothing about & I'm sure others are like-minded. Maybe we should just type "Like" . That works on Facebook. I've not got around to seeing what emoticons are available in the new format. So .... I like this, but it's not something I would ever make.

Comment

interesting to know your build technique/plans, seems that there a number of ways to approach that design...
                          Last edited by TimPa; 07-22-2021, 09:51 AM.
                          Panther PT-404 (aluminum)
                          6 position ATC w/5hpHSD, Aspire 11/WinCNC, Recoil, Laser, Hurricane
                          near bottom of the learning curve!!

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. MacMunn View Post
                            Studio 417 ..... don't be disheartened by lack of replies. I generally don't comment on stuff that I know nothing about & I'm sure others are like-minded. Maybe we should just type "Like" . That works on Facebook. I've not got around to seeing what emoticons are available in the new format. So .... I like this, but it's not something I would ever make.
                            Mr. MacMunn, this isn't even close to your ability, and after seeing what you are capable of, I'm sure you know plenty.

Comment

To answer some of the questions, without quoting each.

There has been a hold put on the project. The client may want to add either a "Family" name, or a piece of script.
                              So, the finished product won't be completed by this weekend. My apologies.

The finished size will be 29.5" x just over 15.5", and will be constructed from 8/4 Walnut.

I think I will make two, and place a local church's name on the second one and donate it. This was based on a suggestion of a co-worker.
                              I like to give surprise gifts, and it only enhances the feeling, when it's for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
                              X