More PVC work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • More PVC work

I keep going back and messing with PVC. I've found that running a V-Carve twice, cleans it up to almost perfect, with little clean up after using a nylon brush.
    Someone else noticed my address sign, and asked about it while I was mowing. They loved the Beagle and wanted this. It's 16" diameter. It still needs paint, but it's waiting on the customer to deliver the paint in the colors they choose.

And then someone at my real job, asked if I could do this Harley design. A little bartering, and I made the attempt. It's 5" tall.

Thanks for looking, and comments are encouraged.

Looks like you got the hang of it. I like cutting/carving PVC also as it cuts very nice and paints well.
    Wes
    Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook
    Steel 5X10 Panther
    5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
    WinCNC
    VcarvePro 9.5
    15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum

Comment

What kind of PVC are you using? The stuff I've tried to cut has extrusion holes on the inside. It cut great but the inside was absolute trash
      4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
      Mister system
      Phenolic Vac table
      Hurricane Vac
      Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

I've been using Kleer Lumber for historical house signs for a few towns here in New Hampshire for years with great results...I put Oramask 813 on it and carve away, paint and remove mask. Haven't purchased material in a while - typically by a 5/4"x12"x20 piece - last time I purchased a board it was $115, got a price last Friday of $194!!!
        Pappybaynes
        Stinger 1
        1KW Spindle
        Performance Option
        Aspire 10.5

Comment

Working...
        X