Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • New Guy - Clueless - Registration Mark Issues

Per James, I'm crossposting this down here:

New guy here. Our shop recently purchased a Camaster Stinger III (all details in signature per sticky). We've trained ourselves enough to cut material without registration marks and have been attempting to move on to cutting a path with registration marks using the cutvision software. However, once I've manually defined the first registration mark via camera, the machine is stopping short of finding the second, defaulting me to manually finding it (and the third). Even once I've manually found/defined all 3 dots, and click apply offsets, I'm getting the following messages: "3rd Point Outside of Safe Threshold" and "3rd VRM out of Tolerance". I'm 150% certain this is a user error since I'm only 48 hours into teaching myself this stuff, but could use some advice if there's any as to what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Noel C Rodgers
    Camaster Stinger III
    Router, Laser Engraver, Knife, Camera
    Adobe Illustrator CC 24.3.2
    VCarve 11.008
    VisualCNC 3.0.22C
    CutVision 1.0.2.0

Hopefully someone can chime in with help. Most of us don't use CutVision so I don't know where to start on helping you out.
    4'x8' Stinger IV w/ 4.2 hp spindle and 4 tool ATC
    Mister system
    Phenolic Vac table
    Hurricane Vac
    Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast

Comment

Yes, hopefully, someone has some experience with Cutvision...not something I've heard of before. If you have not already done so, you'll want to consult with the software maker, too.
      ---
      Jim Becker

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax
      Festool "a good collection"
      Stubby - lathe
      Oneida Cyclone
      more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
      Occasional commission work for others, but mostly for me...furniture/tack trunks/signage/guitars
      Located Bucks County PA

Comment

Working...
      X