What would you do with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • What would you do with it ?

Been salvaging clocks in dumpsters lately and putting them back in service, this is one I did with a pen plotter a month ago https://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=9924

Now I got this one, these businesses often spray paint them red when they throw them out, so I sanded the wood back down to bare wood [can still see some of the red in the cracks]. I am going to apply a stain of course, and I am thinking about doing some 2D design into the wood ,,, Is only .25 thick so that would rule out 3D.

Right now I am thinking about etching in a Stones tongue, I'm stuck for ideas. MAy carve names into it and give it to my buddies little girls, or I may just leave it plain after staining. Metal is in great shape, I'll just need to clean it off and re-black the numbers.
    Attached Files
    Doug

Stinger 1

How about some Sculpt Nouveau for the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by UglySign View Post
      How about some Sculpt Nouveau for the frame?
      Would look nice, problem with me for patina material is I don't use it often and it invariably goes bad, leaving the majority of it to be tossed out months later. I just tossed out a large batch of it last week, a little too expensive to justify for one off projects that likely will never see a return.
      Doug

Stinger 1

Comment

Working...
      X