Money well spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Money well spent

After surfacing my spoilboard the ripples from the bit caused by the spindle out of tram were noticeably more pronounced than before. So, I decided it was time to re-tram. I tried several different procedures from the videos on You Tube including the swing arm method with a gauge mounted on the end. Nothing seem to work that was acceptable so I decided to buy the tram gauges from Edge technology that Camaster recommended. After resurfacing, I used a 10" square of glass in the center of the spoilboard, mounted the gauges in the spindle and calibrated them following the instructions. Every thing went very smoothly and I highly recommend using the gauges. Maybe a little pricey but there is nothing like using the right tool for the job .
    Steve
    Laser crosshair
    Wireless Pendant
    Aspire 11.5
    Rhino 7
    Fusion 360

I also use the tram gauges from edge Tech. Works really well.
    Stinger II SR44 with servos
    Recoil Prep
    3KW spindle
    7 Watt Laser
    Pro Option Pack
    Hand Held Keypad
    T-Slot Table with Hurricane Vacuum.
    Aspire 10.5
    WinCnc

Comment

Ditto for me as well. I use the same method as Steve with the glass and Edge tram tool.
      Keith Hyde, Winchester, VA
      2016 Stinger 1, 1.7KW HF Spindle HSD
      Performance Package Pro, Vac, lathe, Aspire 10
      Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
      Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
      hyde.consulting@comcast.net

Comment

Yeah, I trammed mine with my Pro Tram after not being happy with the ridges I could see and feel when surfacing my spoilboard. I now get ridges you can see but can't feel after surfacing with a 1.25" bit. I didn't use glass, but cut a 6" circle in a piece of plywood with a 1/2" bit.
        Gary
        2018 Stinger II SR-44, 1.7kW Spindle, Performance Premium, Recoil, Gantry Lift, Cyclone
        Fusion 360
        Aspire

Comment

Working...
        X