CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Panther Series

Old 02-28-2019, 10:24 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Width of PT-508 w/ recoil ready

Ok, just wondering if someone could tell me the width of the PT-508 set up with the extended gantry, recoil ready option? Wondering if I should rent a truck or a trailer and drive my machine home or not. Iím to understand anything over 8í-6Ē requires a wide load permit in every state Iíd drive through, which would be 6 or 7 different permits... I was told if I pick it up they will only wrap the machine. But if they ship it, itíll be crated up, therefore also wider. So just wondering if it makes sense to do this. Itís an 850-925 mile trek.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:37 PM
CAMhead Friend

I cannot give you an exact size, but the longest gantries (widest part) are usually limited to 101Ē (at least on the Cobra machines we build). That puts you just under max width. If there is a carousel for the ATC and itís to wide, we do remove that to keep it under max width.

A few notes about trailer selection:
- a flatbed trailer with nothing sticking above the is best. Easy loading
- a flatbed trailers with rails and/or fenders cannot stock up more than a couple of feet~ the sides could hit the bottom of the motors.
- enclosed trailers are generally nightmares for the larger machines as the door widths are usually smaller than the gantry width.
- any trailer with side rails and a tailgate is much easier to deal with if the gate is easily removed.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 AM
CAMaster Sales

Default What He Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin r View Post
I cannot give you an exact size, but the longest gantries (widest part) are usually limited to 101Ē (at least on the Cobra machines we build). That puts you just under max width. If there is a carousel for the ATC and itís to wide, we do remove that to keep it under max width.

A few notes about trailer selection:
- a flatbed trailer with nothing sticking above the is best. Easy loading
- a flatbed trailers with rails and/or fenders cannot stock up more than a couple of feet~ the sides could hit the bottom of the motors.
- enclosed trailers are generally nightmares for the larger machines as the door widths are usually smaller than the gantry width.
- any trailer with side rails and a tailgate is much easier to deal with if the gate is easily removed.
Exactly. Thanks for answering this
cody@camaster.com
www.camaster.com
Old 03-03-2019, 08:27 PM
CAMaster Owner

Thanks Kevin... still havenít to figure out what Iím doing but very good info and I appreciate the help!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM
CAMaster Owner

Cody, it will be helpful once you get the revised layout drawings back on the site for the new Panther version. Those drawings were very, very helpful to me when I was buying my Stinger II, for sure...

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com