CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger III

Old 01-13-2019, 02:12 PM
CAMhead Friend

I like your "faux glass block" window on the wall behind the machine, James. You should paint the wall behind it blue to give the illusion of "outdoors".

Back in the 70's when I was in college, I built myself a room in my (otherwise full) fraternity house that had started life as a storage closet. The ceiling sloped from 12' down to 8' over about a 16' stretch. It was 8' wide and had no window. I lofted my bed above the entry door and walled off a couple of feet on the "low end" with cedar (for a closet) and framed in a wooden window as a "hinged door" on the upper half of one end with a below the window level for toiletries & "stuff". I mounted a low watt light behind the window on a timer to simulate "sunshine" during daylight hours (turning it off when I wanted to sleep in the next morning)...since all the rooms were already numbered in sequence and this was "in the middle", it became known as "Room 1/2" (complete with plaque on the door). I tapped into a giant a/c duct behind the wall adjacent to my bed and controlled the airflow by stuffing balled up socks into the 4" duct that I dumped through the wall into my room. I had the "coolest" room in the house, but when the heat was on I had to block it completely to avoid burning up, but it was worth it to have the only one-man room in the house. The chicks loved it.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:52 PM
CAMaster Owner

I don't know how high your ceiling is but you may not need anything.
I ran my metal ducting to the center of the table then came off it with flex hose.

It easily reaches everywhere.

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
V Carve, Mozaik
Old 01-13-2019, 11:18 PM
CAMaster Owner

Not as neat as some of the others but it works well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2EC171CA-5560-43AA-AC07-BD4A8DCB5C42.jpg (35.7 KB, 46 views)
Mozaik
VCarve pro