CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > FUSION 360

Old 10-15-2018, 07:33 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Fusion 360 Post Processor

Greetings: Is anyone using the latest pp for wincnc? Is it working to your satisfaction? Any users out there what to collaborate on working on some thing that works? There has been a few posts on this. This forum is a great tool.
Any one interested please chime in.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 AM
CAMaster Owner

Hi browndawg

I've been using a PP that I found on this forum about a 1-1/2 year ago. I've modified it so I can use the 4th axis and also added some properties to it to be able to use two length offsets etc.

I use Fusion 360 every day in my business. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the PP to work for the Flow toolpath. I'm getting wrong Z and A values at the moment.

It's more than welcome to share that PP if you're interested.

Options and upgrades:
3.0KW HSD spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Counter Balance, Digitizing Probe, Remote Handheld Keypad, Indexing Lathe and a 6" gantry overtravel.

Software:
Vectric VCarve and Fusion 360.

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 11-30-2018, 01:58 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndawg View Post
Greetings: Is anyone using the latest pp for wincnc? Is it working to your satisfaction? Any users out there what to collaborate on working on some thing that works? There has been a few posts on this. This forum is a great tool.
Any one interested please chime in.
Well, actually, yes.

I just took a closer look at Fusion360 since Sketchup is not meeting some of my requirements (notably, CNC integration). I'm curious about the present state of the Fusion460 PP for CAMaster and am willing, perhaps able, to help move that task forward if that's needed.

Looks like we might be neighbors too as I'm also in western Mass.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:49 PM
CAMaster Owner

I've been meaning to try Kristjan's post, but haven't got around to it. It's easy enough for me to design something in Fusion360, use the free Shaper Utilities Add-In found at Autodesk, export SVGs, import them into Aspire, and resize them. While I spent a lot of time playing with the Fusion 360 CAM before learning Aspire, it's a bit easier to create tool paths in Aspire, and the simulation output is awesome. And I've modified the Vectric posts a bit for FTC. I actually get to see the tool description and tool path name at the tool change pause. (Posted in a thread somewhere here.)

If you have Vcarve and would like to export from Sketchup to VCarve without any hassle, you can sign up for the Fabber beta at https://www.getfabber.com. I played with it a bit, and while it's beta, it works really well.
Aspire
Old 11-30-2018, 03:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by krossdal View Post
Hi browndawg

I've been using a PP that I found on this forum about a 1-1/2 year ago. I've modified it so I can use the 4th axis and also added some properties to it to be able to use two length offsets etc.

I use Fusion 360 every day in my business. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the PP to work for the Flow toolpath. I'm getting wrong Z and A values at the moment.

It's more than welcome to share that PP if you're interested.
I'd like to fiddle a bit with Fusion360 and this PP. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-30-2018, 03:25 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE2000 View Post
If you have Vcarve and would like to export from Sketchup to VCarve without any hassle, you can sign up for the Fabber beta at https://www.getfabber.com. I played with it a bit, and while it's beta, it works really well.
Well, I guess we're veered off from Fusion360, but what does Fabber support? the web site is totally content free.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:57 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.davison View Post
Well, I guess we're veered off from Fusion360, but what does Fabber support? the web site is totally content free.
Yeah, you get Dropbox and forum links once they sign you up, but pretty much there's a Vectric Gadget and a Ruby installer for Sketchup. You take a Sketchup design - as is and assembled - and you run the Sketchup plugin, or whatever they call it. You then run the Gadget in Vcarve/Aspire and it lays out the pieces flat as vectors for you. You'll have to use the vectors to create toolpaths yourself.
Aspire