CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2020, 02:18 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Camaster is and always has been pretty damn good at constantly growing and innovating, every once in a while we get an expert on here,

Me I try not to stand to close to them as someone is about to get hurt.

Good news is with thousands of machines in the work place and garages all across this country they really ain't to bad at what they do.

Honestly if your intent is just to Bitch I will be moving this thread to the Owners only section

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

Last edited by james mcgrew; 02-27-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:02 PM
CAMhead Friend

I am sorry if that upset you. I am well aware of Camaster successes and outstanding products, that is why I bought the CNC. I only meant as constructive criticism. Good tutorial videos will make Camaster even more successful. That is all I said.
Software: Adobe Illustrator, ImagePaint, VCarve Pro, Sketchup
Old 02-28-2020, 05:37 AM
CAMaster Owner

While I can sympathize with "new owner" blues as I have been there also, I will add that after 4 years of owning my Camaster, I absolutely love IT! When I was first considering a CNC, Jim was instrumental in helping me understand all that I didn't realize I would be able to do.

My recommendations for new owners, It is a tool. It will do what the software generating Gcode tells it to do. In my case I use vectrics aspire and spend a lot of time watching their many tutorials. I also spend a lot of time examining toolpaths of experimental jobs. Just like any other piece of equipment in my shop, many things can go wrong. I would dare say that when they do, its not the fault of the equipment.

I am an accomplished wood turner. The manual that came with my oneway did not teach me how to sharpen tools, reverse chuck bowls and vessels, rough turn a 20" beast of a piece of wood, I could go on and on.....

I will add that if I run into an issue or problem, a post to this forum generates a quick response. Also Gary's training....well he does a really good job making sure you understand what he is teaching you. I took his online recoil training and hope to advance on that soon.

Happy cutting
Aspire