CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > FUSION 360

Old 11-02-2020, 08:38 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Fusion 360 Machine Definitions?

I'm getting started with my Panther and plan on using Fusion 360 as both my modeling environment and my CAM environment.

Does anyone have a Panther 408 machine definition they can share for Fusion 360? Starting to put one together now, but its seems like the basic stuff has likely been covered by others well before me.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:41 AM
CAMhead Guest

What kind of things will you be making?
Fusion 360 is great at more complex parts but for simpler things, V-crave is super fast and easy to learn.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:33 PM
CAMhead Friend

I'll be using the machine to cut parts that are subcomponents of larger assemblies that live in 3D CAD, so switching out of the Fusion 360 environment will be a pain unless it turns out to have some substantial limitations.

I think I've been able to dig up the right information for the X,Y,Z axes - has anyone set up a Recoil in Fusion 360? What were the values you used to define that axis? Angular Resolution, RPM, etc - see screenshot. Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SharedScreenshot.jpg (59.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-04-2020, 11:35 AM
CAMaster Owner

I would contact CAMaster technical support to let them guide you to the correct post-processor and Recoil setup for Fusion360.
5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
WinCNC
VcarvePro 9.5
15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum
Old 11-04-2020, 01:21 PM
CAMaster Owner

The problem I found with Fusion 360 and the Recoil was that F360 expects you to have a traditional turning lathe. Thatís when I decided to switch to Vectric. Iíve also designed in Fusion, projected the parts onto a sketch, exported that sketch as a dxf and imported that into Aspire. Then created toolpaths. The shapertools Add-in will also export parts as SVGs, but the scale isnít always correct when pulled into Aspire. (Just occurred to me that it may be because of inch/cm conversions.)
Aspire
Old 11-04-2020, 11:05 PM
CAMhead Friend

Have you looked into this recently? It seems like some updates were made to the Manufacture environment in F360 earlier this year which allow index-type rotary axis operations. I could be misinterpreting how the features work though - will report back as I work through this over the next few weeks.

Will also reach out to CAMaster directly for the technical input to set up the machine definition.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:46 AM
CAMaster Owner

I havenít looked into it recently - Iíd last checked in 2018! At the time Iíd purchased my machine...

Iíll look into using it for CAM again. Itís always nice to have options.
Aspire