CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The CAMhead Locker Room! > Russell Crawford

Old 03-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Cobra Owner

No idea how many hours. About 2 weeks of evenings and weekends, but not consistently working on this project (other projects on the go at the same time).
www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
Old 03-29-2020, 02:20 PM
CAMaster Owner

There's a little irony on my end about this after enjoying your project so much including the purple heart...I was upstairs in my material storage area today looking to see what I had available to use for a replacement top for my main bench. I had been anticipating using a couple of cherry slabs for that which were not useable for tables for various reasons...but they may not be long enough. And right there next to them is a nice hunk of 8/4 purpleheart that's the right length. LOL Decisions...decisions... ;) I gotta build this from what I have because suppliers are closed right now.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 PM
Cobra Owner

All your suppliers are closed? My supplier is a few hours away, but has a delivery service for $75. They are only open for deliveries right now, no one allowed in their warehouse. I just had a lift of walnut delivered on Friday (1000bf of 8/4). Just at the limit of what my skid steer forks can handle, about 5000lbs!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:58 AM
CAMaster Owner

The folks I would buy maple from are not open, to the best of my knowledge. They are also the folks who I'd have sand the top once it's built...they have a "yuge" double drum sander that looks like it's been around since industrial woodworking was invented. I'm not really trying to go out for anything other than essentials...so it will be purpleheart front middle and back rails with cherry for most of the remainder. Not as nice contrast as your bench, but zero cost out of pocket. The purple heart was gifted to me years ago and the cherry is pretty much cut-offs from slabs and one slab unusable for a table or something.

I think that if I messaged John (the supplier) and asked him to pull a few boards for me, take my payment via CC and leave it outside of his building, he might do that, but then again, he might not.

If I had a client job, I'd try to obtain material, but wood and sheet goods suppliers in PA are not considered "essential" businesses and are not open for business including delivery at the present time. Industrial Plywood even launched calls to customers about that.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com
Old 03-30-2020, 02:25 PM
CAMaster Owner

Russell your work is AMAZING! You are very talented!

Stinger I
FTC & Laser
T-track
Kent Dust Shoe
Recoil

Stinger II 48x48
1.7Kw spindle
Kent dust shoe
Phenolic top with Hurricane vac & T-track
FTC & Laser

Aspire 9
WinCNC
Logictech Rumblepad

Warsaw Indiana
Old 03-31-2020, 04:32 PM
Cobra Owner

Figured with a new bench, I needed a new shooting board. Works great! If any of you haven't used a shooting board to square up your boards, you should try it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banch1.jpg (93.0 KB, 24 views)