CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Panther Series

Old 04-08-2021, 05:13 PM
CAMaster Owner

It would likely need to be a tracked bobcat for it to work since those are typically larger and have a lifting capacity to match. The wheeled versions are usually in the 2-3k lbs range lifting wise. If you can get his model number you should be able to find the rated lifting capacity online. Also make sure that it will reach high enough. Depending on the flatbed height you could be looking at a pretty high reach and even if the bobcat could lift that at ground level lifting 5k lbs 6 foot up in the air is another set of issues.

I know you want to save money (we all do) but don't wreck a huge investment by using equipment that is riding the limits on lifting capacity. A true large forklift or telehandler is probably going to be your best bet. Even with delivery charges if you don't have a way to haul them you might only be in it $750 to do it right. Another option is to look around at equipment movers and see if you can hire someone to unload it for you that already has all the necessary equipment. That way if something goes wrong it falls back on their insurance and your investment is covered.
Hurricane Vac
Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast
Old 04-08-2021, 05:39 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
wondering if bobcat has the mas to work. i have contractor that has fork exstentions for his bobcat.
Depends on the size and capacity of the Bobcat.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
Old 04-08-2021, 06:14 PM
CAMaster Owner

For my Cobra I went the other direction and hired a machine rigger to take delivery, move it to the shop, and set it precisely where I wanted it. It was expensive for sure but the piece of mind (they're bonded and insured) and the zero effort on my part, were worth it for me.

- William
Old 04-22-2021, 02:30 AM
CAMaster Owner

I think i found a solution to the unloading. a business 2 miles from my county address has a big front end loader with 8' forks that will drive over and unload the cnc. He says can lift 15 thousand pounds so not have to worry about that. He told me wanted $100, but think if he does the job worth more than that...
Old 04-22-2021, 07:51 AM
Stinger II Owner

That sounds great. Maybe he needs a sign?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:09 AM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Quote:
I think i found a solution to the unloading. a business 2 miles from my county address has a big front end loader with 8' forks that will drive over and unload the cnc. He says can lift 15 thousand pounds so not have to worry about that. He told me wanted $100, but think if he does the job worth more than that...
Now that is the Samrt route

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020
Old 04-22-2021, 08:17 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Eugene, that sounds like a great solution for your situation! It's the "right tool" and sounds like it will also be economical, even with a generous tip on top of the Benjamin the machine owner requested.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
Old 04-22-2021, 06:55 PM
Cobra Owner

I have the second to largest tracked bobcat (T770) and I couldn't handle 5000lbs with 8' forks. I can barely handle 5000lbs, but only at about 12" from the pin on my forks. That much weight too far forward will tip for sure.

If you can get a large loader for $100, count yourself lucky and go for it!!
www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
Old 04-24-2021, 02:07 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
That's the way to go. I unloaded mine from the long side off the high flat bed delivery truck and then lifted it from the short end with 8' forks and stuck it in my shop. I used a 10k forklift.
Are you the same Eugene that is on the "blue machine from North Carolina" forum?
5Hp ATC spindle with 8 tool carousel
WinCNC
VcarvePro 9.5
15Hp FPZ vacuum, phenolic plenum