CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

Old 02-27-2020, 02:18 AM
CAMhead Friend

Default Vacuum pump

It's been a while since I have posted but here goes. I have a chance to purchase a gast 2567-v108 bare pump for 100 dollars. Don't have much time to do research, have heard these are good pumps and can be rebuilt. I will be running pods with a vacuum storage tank, it is local, Thanks Dwayne
recoil ready
Penn state dust collection
Aspire

LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY THE RIDE
Old 02-27-2020, 09:57 AM
CAMaster Owner

Whether or not it will work for your application will depend upon its performance specifications. I was disappointed with my Gast pump for fixtures on my CNC...it performed well with my lathe and for vacuum veneer work, but "sucked" at holding materials on my Stinger II. And I'm talking non-porous Corian with gasketing and a recess to help with lateral support. I switched to tape and super glue, despite the extra time factor.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com
Old 02-27-2020, 11:35 AM
CAMaster owner

I use a gast 2567-v108 every day for cutting solid wood pieces. Works very well.

What I have found is you need good flow I like to use the expansion PEX 1/2 for my tubing. You can use the the sharkbite fittings as push to connect connectors for quick setup testing ect. I don't use a expansion tank. If you need to use smaller tubing you can run multiple lines in parallel.

You do need to get down to a 10 micron filter I use a T strainer as a pre filter. I also have a relief valve in the line so the pump will get some air flow.

508 Cobra ATC
Old 02-29-2020, 02:08 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Vacuum pump

Thanks guys for your replies.I made the trip to pick up the pump, ended up coming home with the tank and a mercoid pressure switch all for 125.00. The pump turns freely, was a little sad he had pulled the motor off to scrap the cooper don't know if it was good or not. Thanks everyone for looking at my post Dwayne
recoil ready
Penn state dust collection
Aspire

LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY THE RIDE